PDA

View Full Version : late corona report 2/9

Piss on Myspace
02-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Forgive me as this post is a few days old, but it’s better than never right?….not really posting to brag, but really just to second the information provided by sapdawg11….

Nephew had the day off from school, so we decided to hit corona….arrived down there, got the gear ready, rented a boat and was at our first spot by 7:45. We pretty much drifted the “secret spot” all day…the nephew was first to hookup, dropshot orange powerworm, with an 8 inch leader. I started off with a split-shot orange, worked it for about 2 hours without a bite…As I’m busy baiting our 2nd poles and positing the boat, little man hooks up again…at this point its 2-0, so its was time for a change. Switched up to a drop shot as well, and on the second cast, hooked up and a green powerworm…it was pretty much a steady bite throughout the day, however, it did slow a little around 2. We decided to break for lunch, bbq’d hotdogs and beans! As we were heading back out, we found out that they had just stocked… the first spot after lunch was anchored up near the tubes…threw lures, jigs and worms for nothing…saw the fish schooling around, but they just didn’t want to bite…headed back to the “secret spot” and proceeded to catch a few more…ended the day with 9 fish total as a few of them escaped while being placed in the basket, as well as one that swam out when we were driving around. Without the evasions and numerous (4-5) “spit hooks,” we would have landed about 15-18 fish…all fish caught on either a dropshot or the powermouse combo….bigger ones were on the chew early, as it seemed the smaller ones came out later in the day. All fish were caught in this area! Again apologies for the late report, but just wanted to pass on the intel…hope this helps…see you when the stock the lightnings!!!

-dave

28535 28544 28543 28542 28541 28540 28539 28538 28537 28536 28545

phishin phool
02-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Great post pom. I wish I could take a day off from work and get some time on the water when Its not so crowded. Great pics too!!

Piss on Myspace
02-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Great post pom. I wish I could take a day off from work and get some time on the water when Its not so crowded. Great pics too!!

thanks man...glad you dug it...and i hear ya on the crowd, it worked out well, i taught him how to drive the boat... called him Bentley all day...