PDA

View Full Version : pudd yesterday..

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-13-2011, 07:15 AM
SATURDAY/got dropped off at the pudd around 7am.my weapon of choice was my temple fork 5wt fly setup.indicator 6ft to 8ft leader, with a mini drop shot setup #8 mosqito hook,tini split shot off the tag,and a pumpkin berkley trout worm,wacky rigged. the wind, and choppy water kept my indicator bobbing which gave my little wacky worm a lot of movement.all of a sudden indicator is gone, set the hook on a little 1lb bass.released of course.a few more drifts rewards me with 2 more ,the same size.no trout .the males are diffently starting to show.i cant wait for the lake to go off. SUNDAY /i decide to try the north shore.tried the ramps old docks and cliffs nothing.walked back to the unbrellas shore line area. the wind had me a little upset but managed a 30ft roll cast with the 5 wt temple fork power bait trout worm.the water was nice and choppy so i just followed the indicator.all of a sudden it dissapers.i set the hook and the drag is screaming.i know its not a smaller fish.now im worried about my 4lb leader and my #8 mosqito hook has found a soft spot.i had to keep constent pressure, finally after what seemed like forever i see the bass .i managed to lip her and im rewarded with my biggest of the year.3.5lb to 4lb.she was fat with eggs.that was my biggest on my 5wt temple fork pro fly rig...god bless and peace out.....mike the pmb....

CPT. Kirk
02-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Great job PMB on the LMB.

vortec_cruiser
02-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Reading your report makes me want to get back over there today, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Nice report.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-13-2011, 12:48 PM
hey vortec.we will be left of the middle pier, on the little dock by the cement ramp.for carp with the 8wts.till about 9am.then will try for bass,trout or pan fish,with the smaller fly rods.i added to my thread after a successful trip to the north shore today...

vortec_cruiser
02-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Pudd Master - I'll stop by that location in the morning to say Hi. I hope you won't mine another line in the water nearby. I'm looking forward to picking up a few pointers on fly fishing.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-13-2011, 07:45 PM
sounds good .my fly teachers will be there ,vivid(chuck) ,and yoda robert.my unconventional methods always got them shaking there heads.im consisered the darkside(darth vader), with the flyrods.by using plastics..will look foward to meeting you tommorrow......mike the pmb....