PDA

View Full Version : Slow day for me at the Vine 2-12

Slick Rick
02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Got out on the water about 7am and as I was pulling away from the docks a guy was pulling up and something didn't look right. I immediately asked if he needed assistance, which he obviously did. Apparently... his buddy had a seizure out on the water, fell out, and busted is head open on the boat! At this point he almost looked like he had a stroke. I took off to grab one of the Vine staff members I saw at the ramp to get a call into 911 as my phone was in the truck while my friend roped his boat to the dock.

The Vine staff member (security) did a great job dealing with the situation!

I sure hope the guy is ok. I headed out once the ambulance arrived.

As far as the fishing went... I tossed everything I had at them today and didn't get a thing!! I trolled 4 or 5 different patterns of cd-3 to cd-5 sized lures. Tossed some powerbait in 3 or 4 different colors with and without scent. Switched to bass for nothing. Even tried for a cat or 2. Nothing:Embarrassed:

My buddy landed a nice 4 lb trout on a nightcrawler hanging about 8 ft. from a bobber in about 20 ft. of water (west shore) and hooked in to another one that he fought for a minute before it snapped off. He caught a 14 lber a couple weeks ago and said this one felt stonger and bigger. Who know though, it could have just been a different type of fish.

Thanks for reading! I'm new at the whole fishing report thing so bare with me. I should also point out that today's results had more to do with me then anything. It was in no way WFO but fish where being caught.... just not on my boat:Razz:

-Rick

dixoncider
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the report...