PDA

View Full Version : Tailwalker or sierra bow

kirkboat
02-12-2011, 04:41 PM
there was some talk and questions asked about how to tell the difference between the two...i think this pic shows it very well....http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/kirkboat/trout001-1.jpg

Troutman65
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Both are nice trout :Envious:

wackyrigged
02-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice!Which one is which?I thought a tailwalker was a lure but it is called a taildancer LOL

Criss
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
nice..did you catch those? what did they weigh?????

kirkboat
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
left one is tailwalker

kirkboat
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
tailwalker was 8 and bow was 9

BigBass777
02-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow! What a great comparison picture. Nice work!

I replied to that thread and got some smart remarks for it. This is what i said.

Mt. Lassen Stripe: Isn't as bright as the tailwalkers. Starts below the gill plate to tail fin. Sometimes not really visible.
Nebraska Tailwalkers: Have a dark red spot on the gillplates and runs all the way to the tail fin.

This great picture you took clearly shows this.

phishin phool
02-12-2011, 09:39 PM
isnt the one on the right a tailwalker?? The last few tailwaker stockings i fished, the ones i caught looked like the one on the right, with the better colorings.

kirkboat
02-13-2011, 08:29 AM
you are right.. sorry about that i got turned around...happens somtimes as i turn 70

Matt44
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Tailwalker is on the left! Lassens have the stripe your talking about iv caught many fish from laguna and hesperia this year along with corona to tell the difference the sierra bows there have that pink from the gill plate down and if you look at a tailwalker u will notice a more pale color and a broader body from the raceways.surprisingly that sierra bow is beautiful with a full tail don't see that often

T_K_O 13
02-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Both are awesome looking trout great job Kirk!!

sapdawg11
02-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Look at those fish! Awesome job Kirk. But seriously, nobody is going to mention the legs?!?!? By far the easiest way to tell a tailwalker from the rest...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/tailwalkers.jpg

phishin phool
02-13-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL! Thems some sweet legs!!!

TurtleSlayer
02-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Your so smart...LOL........

JohnnyBoy
02-15-2011, 02:01 PM
SapDawg

Why always with the mask ?

justtubin
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
SapDawg

johnny boy if one watches the movie 127 days , i think sapdawg is the fisherman version of the hiker. alot of similarities in the look and the use of the video camera.

so sapdawg am i close??

when we see sapdawgs arm in the mouth of tailwalker then we got him pegged:LOL:

sapdawg11
02-15-2011, 06:51 PM
SapDawg

johnny boy if one watches the movie 127 days , i think sapdawg is the fisherman version of the hiker. alot of similarities in the look and the use of the video camera.

so sapdawg am i close??

when we see sapdawgs arm in the mouth of tailwalker then we got him pegged:LOL:

LOL! Super close. Man, that's a pretty spot on guess. I started wearing this thing while hiking to block out the sun and dust!

That "mask" is actually a "buff" (www.buffwear.com) made out of a fabric that blocks UV. Its basically just a stretchy tube that you can wear a whole bunch of different ways, one of which is over your face like a balaclava. I spend a lot of time outside with work and play and cancer has a nasty streak in my family. The buff is just a comfortable way to keep the sun off of my neck and face. It's the reason for the long sleeves and the flaps over my ears too. I hate using sunblock when fishing. The rumors got into my head long ago that touching anything to do with your terminal tackle with "sunblocked" hands is like kryptonite for catching fish. Plus, if I don't have to smear chemicals on my body to block the UV rays, all the better!

justtubin
02-15-2011, 08:01 PM
sapdawg,
can understand your concerns about cancer, have friends that get their face burned every 6months from years of surfing. i feel the same way about sun block, i try to avoid it as well, but lately i have been getting concerned of sun exposure as well, i found the neutrogena sunblock does not leave a scent, i have not seen my fishing suffer, i make sure i wash my hand a few times to insure masking scent. did you see 127 days, the guy was quite creative with his video camera, just like you.

the real question though is what is behind the name "sapdawg"
talk soon.

sapdawg11
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
the real question though is what is behind the name "sapdawg"

Thanks for the kind words about the camera work! Nothing too exciting behind the screen name. My friends have always called me "Sap" or "Sappy" because of my last name. I used to play a lot of baseball and at practice one day a teammate came up to me and said, "Wuttup Dawg??" If you meet me, I'm a pretty goofy guy and the polar opposite of what you would expect from someone you would call "Dawg". I could only laugh and one of the other infielders piped up and said, "No no no, it's SAPDAWG to you!". I thought it was pretty hilarious and used it as my login name ever since. But feel free to call me Aaron if you'd prefer!!!

phishin phool
02-15-2011, 09:49 PM
I thought it meant something like "wa-Sup-dawg. LOL!