PDA

View Full Version : BBL 2/12/11 update

Cameron
02-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Its been a long while since I posted a report took for a bit.I hit the lake right at sun up & Stanfield was packed but way to frozen for my taste so headed for Juniper.Same deal there the Santa Ana winds are great for making snow & sheet ice lol.The lake was frozen from Juniper all the way to the observatory.I head towards the dam & noticed that windy point was free of ice.
I settled just past the boat ramp where there was very lil ice & cast out .I was there for about a hour with nothing happening when i got a nice hit.It really shocked me how hard it hit & a nice fight on it too.That was about 7am & I stuck it out until 9 am & got very hungry & needed coffee & trout for breakfast.

I almost forgot I saw a huge trout break through the ice out in the center of the lake.Scared the crap out of me last thing I was expecting to see was a fish break a 1foot hole in the ice,crazy.
Anyway here are some pics & know this my friends its cold & packed up here.Tons of folks up this weekend passed 30 folks walking on my street on the way home.If U dare come up good luck,,,,,,PB garlic& salmon egg scent on a 18 treble 2 1/2 ft 2lb leader.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/100_8964.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/100_8966.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/100_8976.jpg

heres a lil video for all the FRESH FISH lover's,still jumping in the pan :LOL: This fish tasted so good the whole family ravaged it like a pack of dogs.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/th_000_0079.jpg (http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/?action=view&current=000_0079.mp4)

Cameron
02-12-2011, 12:42 PM
OOPS I also got a nice bite I missed & had one run in with it 10ft & I missed it too,lol

Cameron
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Wow over 200 views & not a comment ? This is my last report since no one seems to give a **** or care to reply.I live here so these reports are for u guys not me.Trout are hanging around Juniper to Stanfield but with the storms moving fishing may be dead for a while.I caught 3 today all close to 2-3 lbs why am I doing this again since no one reply's screw it call the sporting good store LMAO.Peace.

redondo todd
02-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Keep the reports coming, will be up to the cabin for the long weekend,might give it a shot if the weather will let me thanks,REDONDO TODD

plumber2001
02-18-2011, 12:45 PM
nice pics.keep um coming.i hear the roads are tough to get up their.

billy b
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Cameron

I'm up here in Northern Nevada ... next to Tahoe ... but still have a cabin in Fox Farm area. Where abouts are you? I forget to put remarks since I don't have anthing to add ... just memories. Sorry. Will try to do better in the future.

I don't recall ever doing any fishing near Stanfield. The farthest east I ever went was Juniper Pt. area. Liked to fish Windy Point corner and the dam. Loved to troll. Haven't seen any other reports from the BBL natives ... do you ever see them?

flytyingreloader
02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm outta the area, too. I GREATLY miss living close to BBL, even if the Sierras are a couple hours away. All that may be changing with the f-ed up job sitch locally. 5th generation IE here.

Sublime-Steve
02-18-2011, 06:41 PM
HELL YEA BRO srry i missed ur post,that video was bad *** u should have eaten the heart wahahaha. 2 hard to get up there right now.. ur lucky to live there

Sublime-Steve
02-18-2011, 06:43 PM
is the dock still there in boulder bay?

WARRIORMIKE
02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Wow, I guess this guy really is mad??

TROUT MASTERS
02-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for all your updates and reports.
Nice trout,nice pic's,what more can we ask ?
Last pic looks like a nice cat bait.:Razz:
The pic with your line in the water, is my best spot :Secret:.iIcaught my limit with my boys back in december,when i was up there.still need to post the picks

Thanks.
Trout masters :Cool:

Fresh H2O Bill
02-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Cameron,

Thanks for the posts and the periodic updates you provide for us. I have a house in Sugarloaf and I am up there usually a couple of times a month. I appreciate your reports and the info you provide. It always keeps me informed and lets me know what's happening with the lake, i.e baits, locations, iced up, etc. Makes it nice for us heading up that way

Nice job on the trout and I'm glad your family enjoyed the meal. I usually fish Bolder, Juniper, East launch, and the dam. I do hit a few other "spots" as well. Maybe we'll see each other at some point. In the mean time, don't get discouraged and continued success to you with the trout.

Bill

JAG107
02-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Great report, 200 views means people care about what you have to say about BBL!

etaggart
02-22-2011, 06:17 AM
I dunno, Cameron ... I think you're just a little sad-n-lonely in the winter months and since you couldn't troll on the lake you decided to troll the boards!!! ;)

Always love you posts and hate the fact you catch more fish than me. I've been up a lot this winter, but mainly for snowboarding. Hit the shoreline a few times, but the action was too slow for me.

Can't wait for the water to warm up a bit and for my replacement waders to come. I'm itchin for some float tube action on the fly. Once the melt comes I'm hoping to hit Grout bay hard near the inlet. I seem to recall some good early season action there last year.

Also thinking of getting the wife a kayak so she can enjoy the lake while I'm fishing. Just wish there was an affordable place to store a kayak lakeside so she didn't have to cart it around on her car. If anyone has ideas, let me know!!!

Cheers all,

Eric

Cameron
02-22-2011, 07:18 AM
LOL Etaggart nailed it I was trolling for cabin fever relief lol.Lake is frozen & not many open places to park or fish.Sorry guys its alil lonely up here & I wont be ignored,lmao.Thanks everyone for showing some luv to this knucklehead.

E check ur pm.

Cameron
02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Cameron

I'm up here in Northern Nevada ... next to Tahoe ... but still have a cabin in Fox Farm area. Where abouts are you? I forget to put remarks since I don't have anthing to add ... just memories. Sorry. Will try to do better in the future.

I don't recall ever doing any fishing near Stanfield. The farthest east I ever went was Juniper Pt. area. Liked to fish Windy Point corner and the dam. Loved to troll. Haven't seen any other reports from the BBL natives ... do you ever see them?

Im in upper Moonridge so close to Foxfarm.I had a buddy just land a 20in on the east side of standfield,I had never even considered fishing it.The lake was frozen from Stanfield to the dam with Windy Point the only place to even attempt to fish.Im hoping to get back out in the morning.

Steve come up we need to chill

Mike not mad a lil disapointed

billy b
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
a 20in on the east side of standfield, ...???

You mean across the road from the actual lake? Never knew there were any trout in there ... sometimes it used to dry up.