PDA

View Full Version : WON Tournament - April 9

webmaster
02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
http://irvinelake.net/images/flyers/won5.jpg

Bigdaddy74jj
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.wonews.com/c-20-2011-irvine-lake-socal-trout-opener-april-9th-2011.aspx

MAVERICK27
03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey guys!!

Let's all get out and support this event. After a glitch last year, all kinks are worked out and it will be the best trout tourney EVER!! I took a brea from trout fishing, but this will be the only one I fish this year. The prizes will be killer and I like the idea of winning a boat, even if you dont catch fish!!!!!! I hope to see you all out there!!!

gonefishing247
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Is there entrance fee to enter the tournament?

See Chris Fish
03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Entry fee and paperwork sent in.

WON Events
03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
There is an entrance fee. It is $45 for adults and $30 for kids 12 and under. That fee includes your lake pass and a great sponsor goodie bag. Each goodie bag will have sponsor items well worth the entry fee, let alone all the tagged fish prizes swimming in the lake. There will be big fish awards in 3 different categories. Overall Big fish prizes and much much more. As always the general raffle for the Gregor 14'5" boat/trailer and 15hp Mercury Motor package will be raffled off to one lucky winner. You don't even have to catch a fish to win.

Tell your friends and family as this years event will be one you don't want to miss.

TaperSteve
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Last years event was a ton of fun. The fishing at the Vine has been simply incredible this season. This years event is going to be a blast, can't wait!!!

Hope to see ya'll there!
:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TS

HBAR
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey Maverick this is the same event they had last year but in May right?

tbob
03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
No this event was in April last year and it had for prizes a boat and motor, rods, reels, tackle, a kayak and all kinds of stuff. Be sure to get a boat rented NOW if you want to get one. They have made arrangements to launch your boats and to dock them the day prior if you want. Just check at the lake.

HBAR
03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
No this event was in April last year and it had for prizes a boat and motor, rods, reels, tackle, a kayak and all kinds of stuff. Be sure to get a boat rented NOW if you want to get one. They have made arrangements to launch your boats and to dock them the day prior if you want. Just check at the lake.

only boat I got is what you see in the pic LOL

NoHo ART
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
im sure a few people including me would like to know...
if you turn in a tagged fish are you gonna be handed an envelop or are you going to get your envelop opened and after almost everyone has left?
my decision depends one this issue/question?

Hitts0n
03-31-2011, 12:26 AM
im sure a few people including me would like to know...
if you turn in a tagged fish are you gonna be handed an envelop or are you going to get your envelop opened and after almost everyone has left?
my decision depends one this issue/question?

Same with me.No okie dokes this year....

5150fishn
03-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I can't imagine that mistake will be made again considering all of the flack they got for it! I hope. LOL

WON Events
04-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Guys,

I would have to admit that that was my first Derby of my carrier. Although everything that happened last year was still on the level, the perception was not. I have since run countless events as derbies and Professional Bass tournaments. Things happen, but trust me the kinks have been sanded smooth. There will be 200 tagged fish released prior to the tourney, worth rods and reels, trips, sponsor products and much more! The Gregor boat and trailer with the Mercury Motor will indeed make it's way home with one lucky raffle winner. If you have not signed up yet, there is still time. We will also be taking sign-ups on site that morning starting at 4:30 AM. Hope to see you all there.

olfishergal
04-01-2011, 01:34 PM
signed up on line, very easy to do

greg
04-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Fishing was SLOW today! :Crying:

Arrived just before 5 and went to checked in, including my wife and 10 year old daughter. After nearly an hour of slowly entering the gate, we went to get our rental boat. Started off at Woody's Cove after seeing my buddy nail a 6.6 pounder from shore. Nada on crawlers, power bait, power worm, kastmaster. After an hour, left the Cove by trolling. My daughter hooked a 2.8 pounder within in a few minutes on a flame mira shad at 2 colors. Trolled for the next few hours for nada. Talked to lots of other boaters with similar results. Finally, dropped anchor at Catfish Cove for more nada. Saw a few fish caught in this area. Went back to the car to heat up my BBQ for some Korean short ribs and chicken. :Smile: My daughter's fish did not qualify for the Juniors placing. But she want to go next year! :Cool: