PDA

View Full Version : AM/PM on the Mighty Monte Carlo

Ambassadorhawg
08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Did both half day runs on the boat today. Met RUSTY 6 down at the landing for a day of fishy-fun! And it was fun, too.

Anyway, in the morning, we headed out to the Horseshoe to get the Gar. It was slow going. The boat got just a few right after we set the anchor but that was it. I was lucky enough to throw one on and I pulled the hook out of 2 others, all on the iron. Captain Danny said that the full moon had the fish down. He was metering HUGE schools under the boat.

So, on to plan be. We traveled straight out about 20 minutes to the Sculpin grounds. They were biting, too. It was easy limits for all on board.

On the PM run, we headed up to Pt. Vicente because the Horseshoe bite never developed according to the other boats out on it.

The Mackerel have invaded Pt. Vicente but slowly, the Calicos responded. I ended up getting a full limit of keepers and another 10 or so shorts. I used a 3 or 4 ounce torpedo to get down to the bottom fast where every bait was a bass bite! But the big story here was CROAKERS!

Yes, I think a total of 5 were landed, 2 or 3 being legal. I think a few others were hooked and dumped, too.

There was also a few Barracuda landed and a few Treefish. In fact, Rusty 6 was officially dubbed Mr. Lipstick bass for the day. He caught at least 3 of them!!!

Water conditions were good. Clean green, 68 degrees. But we had an uphill current and a downhill swell and breeze. Captain Danny said that he thought we would have wiped the bass out if the current was going downhill.

Anyway, lots of fun on the boat again. And great to meet and fish with Rusty 6!!! Can't wait to get back out there again. Rusty 6 and I really want to hit the Gar bite on the head!!! So I guess we will keep on trying...

n1ckxlam
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
keep trying there bud,
as soon as the moon darkens up again the logs will be within metal slingin range. figure ill be out there soon too

good luck

JapanRon
08-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi Ambassaduerhawg,

Great report and congrats on the good fishing. Yes ..... the Monte seems to like fishing PV.

thanks,

JapanRon