PDA

View Full Version : trout lures

TrOuT FeVeR
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
can someone tell me what brand kind and color lures are good for trout. for streams and rivers thank you

phishin phool
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Depends where and when You fish, but I have had great results in the sierra with panther martins and rooster tails, gold on cloudy days and silver on sunny days, black, yellow and orange bodys work good too. last year i totally killed it fishing natural color berkley gulp trout worms in Rush and Bishop creeks. Super dupers are good too.
good luck

Trout 1
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
My goto lures are KASTMASTERS!!!!!!!!!!! they kill!!!! Sliver/Blue

troutguy26
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
i would say kastmasters too..silver and blue OR my personal favorite, the rainbow trout color..works wonders!

phishin phool
02-11-2011, 06:50 AM
YEP, T1 and TG26 are correct. I forgot to mention kastmasters, they are definately at the top of the list!!!! especially for lakes. Go very small for streams as they can get hung up real easy, changing to a single hook helps with that.

TroutOnly
02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
thomas bouyants are another great choice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,actually there are soon many i could go on for days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Trout Chaser1
02-11-2011, 08:17 AM
It matters where you fish, for instance up in the sierras me and the fam catch 10-50 fish a day on lures if we go to some of our lucky spots.

The lures i've had luck on are gold kastmasters, lip rippers-zspoon , and gold/red panther martins.

But now we mostly fish with powerbait.

If you fish anywhere in the sierras try the gold/red/shiny lures, for me those work the best

jumpman
02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
i am not a big lure guy but i would go with kastmaster anycolor, i would also try worms. i like eagle claw for store bought or customs i use drews worms which work great with a drop shot.