PDA

View Full Version : 2/9 The Vine Quick Limit with Mitz

kewlwhip
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Today I was done early playing with trucks/cars so i called up the Magic Man Mitz to see if he wanted to go Trolling with me...He said he was ready for lesson#3, because he just finished taking a break and was eating breakfast! haahhaha...

Met Mitz at the docks just before lunch and we got in the boat and were off...noticed up on my drive that the winds had picked up, but luckily at the Vine it hadn't showed all the W yet...about an hour into our troll, i started teaching Mitz one of the set-ups ive done at Crowley Lake/Sierras the past 10yrs that has been working here at the Vine..ESPECIALLY with the current bread of trout now, and holdover steelheads...just another set of goods to net a DD this year! After setting the trolling rigs out we went...i changed up a few times until i found the right setup-
1st hit took us for a run, and Mitz watched and smiled and said OH- OHHHHH! I told him this was a good one- it ran to the sides and took about 20' of line in seconds...my new Daiwa rod/reel screemed/bent as well...managed to get it close, but the wind had been gusting off/on..so it made steering/the boat tough...Mitz tried to help by driving, but the slack came up and so did the big one...we estimated it to be about 3' and roughly 12" thickness...hook cleanly came off the side of its mouth...i yelled for a moment, as that would've been the biggest one this year...topping the DD i lost when i was fishing a lure waiting for Cigar Bob (1st 300pt Rewards Customer) to ready his Pontoon..

Mitz smiled and said go gettem, you're on a roll....

I then setup up Mitz rod and then my other rod with similar setups....later, Mitz caught his FIRST biggest trout on the troll...a 4.5lb..Mitz said (maaan that hit like a bricks!") Well we continued until about 2pm fished for a few hours..the Wind was up and blowing, but that didn't deter me from going after MORE DD's on the troll, and getting Mitz hooked on trolling...Fun Fishing for a few hours with Mitz!

Lures:
Daiwa
Rapala
Luhr Jensen

Fish Count:
5 Rainbows 2-4.5lbrs

Mitz showing the 4hr trolling run
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy316/kewlwhip_/KFGS_magicmitz_TheVine2011Trout.jpg

TIL NEXTIME~
FISH ON!

-kewly

JimmisLine
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
NIce report, K. Nice fish, too

pineapple express
02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
cool report...mahaloz for sharing KW. Jr n I can't wait to get out there ><>
hopefully with in the next couple weeks... we've been hibernating ;o(

Rooster
02-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice report and pic there Kewly, Mitz on the troll.. Ya gotta love it :Applause:

BRING IT
02-09-2011, 09:27 PM
ok kewly im posting up. great job out there. im missing out on alot of fisning. but work is crazy rite now. im fishing this friday, see ya out on the water brotha! TEAM NEED TO BRING IT:Guns: L8

Bigdaddy74jj
02-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Sorry to sound like a noob but what is a "DD"?

striperboy
02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:3ft long 12inches wide ,can i have some of what youre smoking,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Troutman65
02-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Sorry to sound like a noob but what is a "DD"?

DD refers to a trout 10 lbs. or more . Double Digit .

Cow Patty
02-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Kewly.
Who says you can't teach a young dog old tricks. Looks like things are picking up!!

C.P.

5150fishn
02-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Nice report as usual Kewly. Way to put a hurt on the Vine trout. Can't wait to get back out there.

Fishthewhaler
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Nice fish...I got em good on the *trap rigged big hammer swimbaits. Trolled those around for a few hours and did good. Ever use BH's??
http://www.swimbait.com/techniques/basics.htm
*I'll be out there by sun on the Whaler, post coming soon
FTW

Marley
02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice fish...I got em good on the *trap rigged big hammer swimbaits. Trolled those around for a few hours and did good. Ever use BH's??

FTW

I was waiting to see if someone was gettin' 'em on that rig. I've been wanting to try it but I only have one trolling rod, wanted to try something I had been reading about.

kewlwhip
02-10-2011, 01:47 PM
NIce report, K. Nice fish, too thanks- there are more out there for others, go gettem!

cool report...mahaloz for sharing KW. Jr n I can't wait to get out there ><>
hopefully with in the next couple weeks... we've been hibernating ;o( hey shaka! np- hibernating will get you ready for your next big Trout!

Nice report and pic there Kewly, Mitz on the troll.. Ya gotta love it :Applause:
Rooster, Mitz is all into the troll right now- lol

ok kewly im posting up. great job out there. im missing out on alot of fisning. but work is crazy rite now. im fishing this friday, see ya out on the water brotha! TEAM NEED TO BRING IT:Guns: L8 Go Gettem you're due too

Sorry to sound like a noob but what is a "DD"? short for "double digit" 10+lbrs

:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:3ft long 12inches wide ,can i have some of what youre smoking,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch the big DD's getting put in...there you go- http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?53708-Irvine-Lake-Stocking-Video-Commercial!!!

DD refers to a trout 10 lbs. or more . Double Digit . thanks TM65

Kewly.
Who says you can't teach a young dog old tricks. Looks like things are picking up!!

C.P. CP- mr Mitz is all game right now...sure many will start to see Mitz out there :Wink:

Nice report as usual Kewly. Way to put a hurt on the Vine trout. Can't wait to get back out there. thanks bud- see ya out there!

FTW FTW, whats happening!...hey thats some good stuff right there...nextime you're out here hit me up, gotta get some stripers haha

See Chris Fish
02-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Way to slay them, Kewlwhip!!!!!!

Congrats to Mitz on the troll. Way to show up the kids!!!!

GdHkSet1
02-10-2011, 06:49 PM
FTW

Nice job out there Kewly and Mitz, at least you got some on the troll for the few hours on the water.
I like the 3 inch BH's I have a couple rigged that way. I remember the Big Hammer pro staff guys would slay the big holdovers at DV in the early years.

TaperSteve
02-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Way to slay Kewwwwwwwww-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :Guns: :Explode:

MITZ!!! MITZ!!!!

TS

TroutOnly
02-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,farm-job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

striperboy
02-11-2011, 08:31 AM
sounds dumb but whats a farmer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:???::???::???:

TaperSteve
02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
sounds dumb but whats a farmer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:???::???::???:

Farming a fish is generally when you lose a fish via it breaking off, drag set too tight, botched net job, etc....

TS

jim young
02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
nice fish but aren't you gonna explain these secret trolling set ups to everyone for these big trout? This is afterall " The Lake that wants you to catch fish"

kewlwhip
02-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Way to slay them, Kewlwhip!!!!!!

Congrats to Mitz on the troll. Way to show up the kids!!!! Hey Chris- hit us up nextime ya see us out there!

Nice job out there Kewly and Mitz, at least you got some on the troll for the few hours on the water.
I like the 3 inch BH's I have a couple rigged that way. I remember the Big Hammer pro staff guys would slay the big holdovers at DV in the early years. Hey Vince- the hammer stuff will work! Nextime you're out there, lmk- i'll swing through!

Way to slay Kewwwwwwwww-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :Guns: :Explode:

MITZ!!! MITZ!!!!

TS thanks TS-

nice fish but aren't you gonna explain these secret trolling set ups to everyone for these big trout? This is afterall " The Lake that wants you to catch fish" pm sent Jim- Fish techniques aren't always given on "silver platters" but in my reports, i do give out hints, and lure brands to help. Sure if you hit up the guys in the Vine Tackleshop they'll give you the latest hot lure. Its taken time on the water to get trolling and more down, just like others. If you do your homework, there is no secret- just a lot of ways to catch! ...but thats the fun of fishing and to ultimately go after/catch the ONE(s)hahaha :Cool:

striperboy
02-12-2011, 08:46 AM
:Confused::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:why dont you share with everybody ,if you want us to come to youre lake and catch????????

jim young
02-12-2011, 09:13 AM
thanks for the pm kewlwhip. sorry, didn't realize you were a guide there.

striperboy
02-12-2011, 09:41 AM
how much do you charge?