PDA

View Full Version : Tracker Pro Team 190

beano
02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Looking at buying a Tracker Pro Team 190. Anyone have one? If so any pros and cons? Ive been researching this boat and several others. I like this boat for the money and as a first bass boat. I do understand some of the cons to this boat, but the lady doesnt totally understand my justification to spend much more. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

El Weirdo
02-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Dude..i have one..and love it to death...it tows like a dream...handles rough water like a charm...but the draw may be in windy conditions ..hard to keep it in place..wind will win every time...but have learned ..drift socks help this....i have the 90 hp ..at at diamond valley.. it's really likes it when i open her up...she flys..any more questions shoot me a line..
cheers man...

p.s the reason i got this boat was my tow rig. have a v6 4ruuner.

GdHkSet1
02-13-2011, 07:52 PM
What's the price out the door going now days for this rig?

El Weirdo
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3326

check it out

Socal Bassman
02-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Wow, for the price of that boat I would consider looking at this and slap a new motor on the back of it. That's just me... But it will be somewhat cheaper.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/2200223761.html

MAVERICK27
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Ive had aluminim trackers...loved them. But if you fish rough water or fish standing alot, fiberglass bass boats are much much better IMO. I have an older Tracker/Nitro fiberglass. Spent way way less and would not trade it for any aluminum.

P.A.W.
03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
For less money you might want to look at this http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/2201069312.html

MAVERICK27
03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
That boat is way overpriced, especially with a little 60 hp on it. That boat needs a 115 hp minimum

P.A.W.
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Frstly it's thousands less than the Tracker PT and would be great as a first bass boat. Just a silly question, but Skinner has a 10mph limit, Diamond Valley has a 25 mph limit, what can you do with the extra 50hp?

MAVERICK27
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, you could get a Ranger for that...also resale resale resale. There are many lakes that you can go wide open. In this economy, a bass boat is one of the softest markets there is. You need all you can to gain decent resale. So, you need to appeal to people from southern to northern cali sometimes to sell one. Therein lies a problem with an under powered boat. This is of particular concern for a first time bass boat. Always think resale, especially your first boat. My last boat, I drove to Fresno to get a great deal and to Big Bear for the one before that. Both have bodies of water where you can run full throttle.

On a simpler note, that boat is way heavier than an aluminum one for a little 60 hp.

You can't go wrong with the PT hes interested in, but you could spen 10-15k on a very nice used fiberglass bass boat.

Socal Bassman
03-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd have to agree that Nitro is way overpriced. If it had a 115hp 4 stroke... Maybe? I don't know the price of that motor, but I'm sure it's not close to the asking price of that boat. You could probably get into a brand new Stratos 176xt for the same price or a little bit more. Like Maverick said, there are a lot of lakes where you can go WOT and the original poster never mentioned that he will mainly fish Skinner or DVL.

Besides, the Tracker PT that the original poster is looking at is a good sized boat. Which tells me that he is not looking at getting into a smaller boat because he knows that within time he will want to upgrade into a bigger boat. I've seen it happen a lot of times where people think that a 17' boat is perfect. Only to realize that it is not as big as they thought it was and find themselves in the market for a bigger boat. Then they find out that they can't sell their boat for nearly as much as what they paid for it. Therefore, they are either stuck with it or they end up selling it for dirt cheap. Especially in this economy.