PDA

View Full Version : Newly Discovered Passion

crashdavis13
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello FNN'ers

My name is Brent and I have just recently gotten into fishing last summer. I went a couple times back in H.S. (10 years ago) and enjoyed it but wasn't able to really get into it due to joining the Army National Guard and spending alot of time overseas. I went to SARL last summer and had a good time catching some nice Cat's but after seeing this website and all the saltwater posts I new I just had to try it out. I live in Corona so I went down to NPH and rented a skiff from Davey's. After getting some great tips from some of the posts here on the forum, I was able to catch a short hali and a close to legal hali (didn't have a tape measure). Next time I will have a tape measure and a camera!

I want to thank all the great members on this site for some great knowledge that they share! My next obstacle to tackle is surf fishing. I really enjoy reading all the story's from Wingnut and the rest of the SWAT crew! As soon as i have my waders, i'll be out there giving it a try.

I look forward to sharing story's with everyone on here and hopefully meeting some great friends!

Thanks for reading!

Hometown
02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Wellcome aboard you sound like you have a lot of love for fishing once the water warms a little you can fish the surf without waders.
Hello FNN'ers

My name is Brent and I have just recently gotten into fishing last summer. I went a couple times back in H.S. (10 years ago) and enjoyed it but wasn't able to really get into it due to joining the Army National Guard and spending alot of time overseas. I went to SARL last summer and had a good time catching some nice Cat's but after seeing this website and all the saltwater posts I new I just had to try it out. I live in Corona so I went down to NPH and rented a skiff from Davey's. After getting some great tips from some of the posts here on the forum, I was able to catch a short hali and a close to legal hali (didn't have a tape measure). Next time I will have a tape measure and a camera!

I want to thank all the great members on this site for some great knowledge that they share! My next obstacle to tackle is surf fishing. I really enjoy reading all the story's from Wingnut and the rest of the SWAT crew! As soon as i have my waders, i'll be out there giving it a try.

I look forward to sharing story's with everyone on here and hopefully meeting some great friends!

Thanks for reading!

Wingnut
02-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Welcome, glad to have ya onboard. :Cool:
Good to hear that you will give surf fishing a go. Have an open mind, be patient and don't give up. I'm sure you will love it. If you need any tips and advice, feel free to PM myself or any of the S.W.A.T. members and we'll be glad to steer you in the right direction. :Wink:

murrieta angler
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
How ya doing crashdavis13 (Brent),
If you ever want to hit up the surf just shoot me a PM and I"d be glad to hit it with you.
My schedule is pretty flexible,
Robert
<><

flyngby
02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome Brent,

Look forward to the reports!

NPH is close to Corona and an alternative to the surf and has little waves created by passing boats.

Shoot me a PM about it some time.

crashdavis13
02-14-2011, 12:47 PM
How ya doing crashdavis13 (Brent),
If you ever want to hit up the surf just shoot me a PM and I"d be glad to hit it with you.
My schedule is pretty flexible,
Robert
<><

Hey Murrieta Angler
Thanks for the comment. I will definetly be taking you up on your offer!
You will have to teach me your techniques to make lighting strike! lol

crashdavis13
02-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome Brent,

Look forward to the reports!

NPH is close to Corona and an alternative to the surf and has little waves created by passing boats.

Shoot me a PM about it some time.

Hey Flyngby,
Thanks for the comment. I'll be hitting you up soon.