PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks To Rooster

Poxy Boggards
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
After posting up a thread about fishing on Sunday, got a call from Rooster with an invite to hit up the vine on his new boat. Huge thanks for the invite Rooster! It was great to get out to the vine on a nice slow day for a change.

We got in the water by around 6:30 and started trolling first thing. Trolled the usual suspects for a few hours with nothing to show for our efforts. We had not one, not two, but three missed hook ups starting at about 10 AM. To say that the morning was slow would be an understatement, but being the hard core fishermen that we are we stuck it out. Rooster was the first to stick a fish that acutally made it into the basket 3+ pounds and a very nice fight.

I switched up my lure, and got a fish on the sink before I could event get the rod into the holder. Thought it was a dink until it got close to the boat and decided to make a run for the end zone. Got a good look as we got it up to the boat a few times before it eventually broke me off a good 4 1/2 pounder minimum.

Thing slowed down so we made a move towards the damn area, where Rooster came through again, this time with a nice 5+pounder. We made a few circles through that area again, but no more takers, so we headed back to the spot that produced earlier.

This whole time I still had not put a fish on the boat, but I still had faith. Finally got my first fish on the boat a few minutes later a nice 3+ pound fish that put up one hell of a fight. Then my other rod went off, and I landed a really nice 4+ pounder that made several drap peeling runs and launched itself 2 feet out of the water.

We went back and forth catching some very nice quality fish, no fish under 3 pounds today.

We were making our way back through the productive zone when I got hit big time, fish was peeling drag like nobody's buisness and the fight was on. Kicked the boat into Nuetral, and to my amazement we see a huge in my estimate 9 pound fish coming flying by the boat with my lure in it's mouth. The fish was way to gree to try and net it, and it got tangled in the stringer before we could get it out of the water and promptly breaking off without hesitation. A bit of heart break, but we had one hell of a day out there!

Thanks again Rooster for the invite! Great company, great fish, light crowd and beautiful scenery. What more could anyone ask for?

E.A.R.G.
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
way cool!
Good job! and cool of Rooster to let you on!

Now whos going to take ME fishing? haha

Rooster
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Wes, Your great to have on the boat and a ton of good times..
We hooked some bigguns and often once we found the pattern. We may have made a few mistakes but it was clear we did some things right. When we found them we hammered them and didnt stop.
I would have loved to see the weight and pic of the final stringer. Easy 40lbs 10 fish stringer.

Unfortunately the rope on the basket broke and there was no final weigh in or pic :Shocked:

The Quality of trout we caught was best i have ever seen.

Maybe we should team up for one of these Tourneys and put the killin on and get a master spot for the both of us :Wink:

Mondo21
02-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Glad you Guys stuck it out! Sounds like great quality fish. I can't wait to get out there. Nice going. Were there any pics to show? Cindy:Razz:

Troutman65
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Very cool Wes . Rob is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet .

Poxy Boggards
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Wes, Your great to have on the boat and a ton of good times..
We hooked some bigguns and often once we found the pattern. We may have made a few mistakes but it was clear we did some things right. When we found them we hammered them and didnt stop.
I would have loved to see the weight and pic of the final stringer. Easy 40lbs 10 fish stringer.

Unfortunately the rope on the basket broke and there was no final weigh in or pic :Shocked:

The Quality of trout we caught was best i have ever seen.

Maybe we should team up for one of these Tourneys and put the killin on and get a master spot for the both of us :Wink:

Sounds like a plan. Hit me up if you want to team up for the next tourny.

Wes

Hometown
02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Nice report glad you 2 got them dialed in. I was out there also but wasnt able to figure out the pattern this time but the vine has been good to me so far this year lots of nice size fish.I cant wait to get back out there.

Gmoney
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
great post wes! nice job rooster!
might just be a great tourney team!!

Wingnut
02-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Rob is one of the "Good Guys" :Cool:
Nice job on the catch! :Big Grin: