PDA

View Full Version : I should not be driving but walking.

bowler
02-05-2011, 09:17 PM
On Friday i was yet again in another accident. That was my 5 accident in 7 months all not my fault. I was make a left turn on as the light was changing from yellow to red. I was almost made the turn when this guy was gunning it to make the light and he did not see me coming a big with truck. He hit my front of my truck. He hit me so hard that it broke his back window. When the cops came he asked the guy how fast he was going and he said 35 mph and the cop told him no you were not. The cop told him that no way you were going 35 mph not by how my tire was push in where i could not drive it. The cop said you must have been going 40 or 45 mph. Then the guy told the cop that he was gunning it to make the light. The cop told him to slow down.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg
I have not been fishing since Nov. of last year i want to go out to try for some bonito. We got a late start did not get out to KH till after 2. We went to the pier and toss out some squid. And i wait to see if the bonito would come. They did not come while we were on the pier. We had to move to the rock because they closed the pier at 4 so we moved to the right side of the pier. We got over there i tossed out my wife's line with squid on it and i put on a bobber and fly for bonito. Then i saw a boil next to the pier but i could not toss my fly that far because i had not had water in the bobber. I still tossed it out but i could not make it to them because of no water. Then they left. I told my wife to reel in here pole and it was stuck on the rocks so told he let me reel it in. I got it on stuck and i reeled it in and it was heavy then normal then that is one i saw she got a starfish hooked in it mouth.

Me :Skunk:
Wife 1 starfish

CPT. Kirk
02-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry for your bad luck just keep fishing and your luck will improve and you May also want to invest in a armored vehicle for safety.

bowler
02-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Thank you CPT. Kirk i will tell my work i want a armored vehicle since 3 of the 5 accidents were in there car and i have only been working at this place since June of last year.

DockRat
02-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Start offering rides for money :Cool:
Hang in there, it can't get much worse :Confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ralahinn1/081107_bumper_cars.jpg DR

bowler
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Start offering rides for money :Cool:
Hang in there, it can't get much worse :Confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ralahinn1/081107_bumper_cars.jpg DR

i would if they would want to get in my car.

JapanRon
02-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi bowler,

Hope you keep your job ........ that's terrible luck !! On driving and fishing !! I have no receipes for Starfish so agian you're out of luck or ..... was it C & R'ed ?

JapanRon

GETBIT!
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Look @ the bright side! your safe & hey ya might even get a newer/better work truck outta the deal,btw Its king harbor you cant really expect much,Lots of nice perch/spots in the back if you can get away with it, keep your head up better days ahead

bowler
02-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi bowler,

Hope you keep your job ........ that's terrible luck !! On driving and fishing !! I have no receipes for Starfish so agian you're out of luck or ..... was it C & R'ed ?

JapanRon

No we let the starfish go. I hope my fishing turns a round, i going to give BBL a try next weekend. Yes i still have a job but they will have to get a new truck for me to drive.

bowler
02-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Look @ the bright side! your safe & hey ya might even get a newer/better work truck outta the deal,btw Its king harbor you cant really expect much,Lots of nice perch/spots in the back if you can get away with it, keep your head up better days ahead

Yeah i know but my neck hurts from the crash. I think they are getting me a new truck, I hope it they get me a the same type of truck because it can take a hit keep on kicking. You can not say what about the others guys car he could not drive it. Mine truck a least started but i could not drive it because my tire was messed up. I know all i ever got out of KH was perch and a lot of mack before.

Natural Lefty
02-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Greg, you should get a job that doesn't involve so much driving if you can. Rushing to make it through a light is pretty serious. The other driver may be in a lot of trouble. If you had a left turn light, how could he have a green light? I got a dent in the back of my car around Christmas when people in cars were waiting all over the place for other cars to leave. I saw the one waiting for my space, but not the one just on the other side behind me. It's nothing serious. I would like it fixed but not if it costs much at all. The other car wasn't even damaged. They didn't even seem to notice and they never even moved. It was a sports utility vehicle and my car is a Honda Fit.

My wife and I tried to go to the pier in King Harbor a few weeks ago, and it was already closed around 3 p.m. when we got there.

Natural Lefty
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I like my car a lot, by the way. It doesn't need much maintenance and gets great mileage, and is pretty well idiot proofed for people who aren't into cars like me, but it isn't as sturdy as those bigger cars.

bowler
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Greg, you should get a job that doesn't involve so much driving if you can. Rushing to make it through a light is pretty serious. The other driver may be in a lot of trouble. If you had a left turn light, how could he have a green light? I got a dent in the back of my car around Christmas when people in cars were waiting all over the place for other cars to leave. I saw the one waiting for my space, but not the one just on the other side behind me. It's nothing serious. I would like it fixed but not if it costs much at all. The other car wasn't even damaged. They didn't even seem to notice and they never even moved. It was a sports utility vehicle and my car is a Honda Fit.

My wife and I tried to go to the pier in King Harbor a few weeks ago, and it was already closed around 3 p.m. when we got there.

We both have a green light it is one that does not a have turn light for me. So as it was turning yellow to red i start to turn down the street when he came from the last lane and hit me in the front. All i can say that guy was lucky that i was not my bed of my truck because it is all steel back there.

murrieta angler
02-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey Greg,
Still sucks about the accident. Did the Motrin help before bed?
Too bad about KH.
We'll get together soon,
Robert
<><

bowler
02-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey Greg,
Still sucks about the accident. Did the Motrin help before bed?
Too bad about KH.
We'll get together soon,
Robert
<><

Yes it did.

Nessie Hunter
02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Simple Primary collision factor!!
Left turn fail to yield!!!
You are at fault, sorry...

His "safe Speed" (22350 vc - not posted speed) would depend on traffic/road/weather conditions.
At most would be a contributing factor.. He did have the right away...

chris
02-09-2011, 09:27 AM
sounds like your fault to me, kinda pulled out in front of him there didn't ya. 7 accidents in that little time is crazy you should lose your license, have you had your eyes checked. Don't mean to sound rude but, not knowing it was your fault while turning left on a yellow should put you back into driver's ed regardless if the other guy was going 45 (which isnt that fast on most city intersections).

sawoobley
02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Hang in there help is on the way.

Volvo Promises Crash-Proof Car By 2020
http://www.newser.com/story/26176/volvo-promises-crash-proof-car-by-2020.html

Until then you will have to settle for a helmet.

Rally Car helmet
http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/11012/mains/000-3d-model-A.jpg

Stylish Hövding Helmet With Car Airbag Protection System
http://winarco.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Stylish-Hovding-Helmet-With-Car-Airbag-Protection-System-01.jpg
It actually looks like a shawl while your wearing it and when it detects harsh vibrations it inflates like an airbag to protect you. See it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Oud3iGXWY&feature=player_detailpage

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I use to know a girl that got in more wrecks than I could count mostly not her fault (way more than seven!). Bad luck, I guess. Just keep your confidence in your driving skills or you'll start backing into trees in the parking lot.

:Cool:

bowler
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
sounds like your fault to me, kinda pulled out in front of him there didn't ya. 7 accidents in that little time is crazy you should lose your license, have you had your eyes checked. Don't mean to sound rude but, not knowing it was your fault while turning left on a yellow should put you back into driver's ed regardless if the other guy was going 45 (which isnt that fast on most city intersections).

On this street it gets really busy. I was at the light waiting to make a left turn and the there was a line of cars try to get across the intersections they all stop because the light was turning to red so i start to make my turn and i was pass the first to lanes and only one more lane to pass when i got hit. He even told the cop that he was speeding up to make the light. I have 2 eyewitness saying he was going when the light was red. I only had 5 accidents in 7 months. And when the cop came he did not tell it was my fault. He went to the other guy and told him to slow down. And 45 mph in a 35 mph zone is too fast for there area.

DockRat
02-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I only had 5 accidents in 7 months.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/cac428/funny-you.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/MikeZig/funnyshit.gif
Have you considered taking up Figure 8 racing ? :ROFL:

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/DamianJ777/2009figure8race017.jpg DR

Nessie Hunter
02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
You must Yield - "Lane By Lane", when making a left (or any) turn..
Dont be surprised to get a ticket in the mail!!!!
5 in 7 Months!!! YIKES!!!!
I would worry about your Dr Lic Also!!!!!
Ins is probably gone to...
Let me know when your out there ~ so I can stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris
02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I don't know anyone who has had 5 accidents in all years of driving. Left turn lane must yield to on coming traffic. It sucks he was speeding look out for yourself. Your fault when it plays out in court, sorry. Cops won't say it was your fault thats's up to the judge.

chris
02-10-2011, 08:50 AM
You must Yield - "Lane By Lane", when making a left (or any) turn..
Dont be surprised to get a ticket in the mail!!!!
5 in 7 Months!!! YIKES!!!!
I would worry about your Dr Lic Also!!!!!
Ins is probably gone to...
Let me know when your out there ~ so I can stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I might want to stay off the streets this weekend