PDA

View Full Version : What a sweet sat.trout fest at the pudd finally!!!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM
i havent renewed my pass at the pudd which expired dec.1st.so mama dropped me off at 7.30 a.m.today at sailboat.for 6 weeks myself,vivid(chuck), and the jedi fly master robert ,have been hitless ,for 6 weeks .this promted us to fish for carp, for a few hours every weekday morning.which has been successful.any way ,i cast the pmb lite dropshot trout worm setup ,on the temple fork 5wt rod ,with an indicator a 8ft.4lb floro clear tag.the trout worm was orange ,yellow with gold flake.first cast i look, and the indicator goes down within seconds.i find myself just staring ,and not even setting the hook, due to the shock of an actual hit.of course i missed it .next cast i get hit instantly.set the hook,and a fisty,little stocker trout is on,and landed.next cast another fish.now im feeling like the bishop on caddy shack, with the perfect game going.the trout were on the smaller side ,and i decide to rig up the 3wt powell flyrod.same trout worm no indicator.with a lite carolina setup ,with 2lb leader.i catch 4 more.i cant tell you the feeling of breaking the trout skunk this season.i cant wait for robert, and vivid to read this.sorry about no pics.im baby boomer computer illiterate......i was hoping to meet bayfishingjunkie ,or other members today..i hope everyones ready for superbowl tommorrow..im going give the old bones a rest from fishing tommorrow after standing a sraight 6hrs.today...god bless and peace out.....mike the happy pmb......

Darius
02-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Hey bud I'm sure you saw me, I was on the yellow kayak all pissed off! Fished for some 90 mins and had to leave, but I'm glad to hear you did well! So their biting on fake trout power bait worms?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
trust me, i was there all morning,at sail boat ,hoping to see you guys today.i saw you guys in the yellow kayack ,and had no clue it was you.i didnt bring my white bucket ,like normall thinking it would be a burden.i wish i would have ..my legs were like jello, after 6 freakin hours on my feet..mama finally picked me up at 1.30pm and im wiped out..im staying home all day to get ready for my 20lb.plus golden bonefish monday.......

old pudd fisher
02-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice report PMB,after talking to you guys Friday I hit the sail boat cove for a while with no luck but did see a little girl hook up with a nice trout and she just jumped up and down with excitement. That made my day when I seen that, she was with her dad and sister....Cool.

crappiemike
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
good job up there.. i'll be there sooon,,

cm

CPT. Kirk
02-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Good job PMB on the trout. I'm sure the jelly leggs where worth it.

Cartman
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Best trout report from the Pudd all year...wait a minute...only good trout report from the Pudd all year. Congratulations. Could it be true that hard work and perserverance actually does pay off? WTG.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-06-2011, 07:08 AM
thanks guys im setting on my@@@,already bored ,and wanting to go back to that spot right now.how do i wake the boss(wifey) without being in the dog house, or spending $10 i cant afford just to get in...thanks ,and god bless ,mike the restless pmb

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
right after my statement this morning,i hear the boss say,want me to drop you at the lake.i get dropped off at sail boat,and head with the 3wt and bucket in tow,to yesterdays lucky spot to my dismay find people there.they were cool and found some room got nothing for 2 hrs.moved ,and got hit 1st drift at another spot.after three misses i was rewarded with 14" trout.lost 2 more ,but still better than a stink.

Darius
02-06-2011, 07:26 PM
What the hell are the trout biting on?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-07-2011, 05:44 AM
i use a 3wt or 5wt fly setup.tapered leader.ajustable indicator,4ft of 2lb ,or 4lb floroclear leader.i tie a #8, or #10 mosiqito hook drop shot set up, with a 6"tag, and mini splitshot.i ajust the indicator from 5ft to 8ft.if deeper water, no indicator.i use berkly trout worms .wacky ,or thru the nose exposed.i like the water to be choppy.it gives the worm movement.dont need to use a lot of retrieve.i also use the same setup ,with my larger 8wt fly setup ,but use 41/2 "roboworms.i catch a ton of bass.i also use this setup with my spinning equipment.

gogreeenz4
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
i use a 3wt or 5wt fly setup.tapered leader.ajustable indicator,4ft of 2lb ,or 4lb floroclear leader.i tie a #8, or #10 mosiqito hook drop shot set up, with a 6"tag, and mini splitshot.i ajust the indicator from 5ft to 8ft.if deeper water, no indicator.i use berkly trout worms .wacky ,or thru the nose exposed.i like the water to be choppy.it gives the worm movement.dont need to use a lot of retrieve.i also use the same setup ,with my larger 8wt fly setup ,but use 41/2 "roboworms.i catch a ton of bass.i also use this setup with my spinning equipment.

do you ever loose the worm when casting? ive always thought about fishing spinning gear lures but was afriad they would de hook

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
when casting its normally a roll cast ,when using the lighter trout worm setup.you can back cast, but must be smooth .if you whip it, the worm will of course ,come off.when using the heavier 8wt with roboworms . its all back casting.its to heavy to roll cast ,with any desent distance. my worm never comes off ,and if so very seldom.as far as spinning lures. its to awkward, due to wieght.before i get lit up, by the fly fishing purest, i prefer fighting fish, with fly fishing equipment.i do love fishing dry flys ,and the other traditional fly patterns.bass poppers owned for me this year.i caught about a 8lb carp today.good luck and thanks for all the responses.