PDA

View Full Version : Pflueger supreme xt ?

Hometown
02-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Does any have one of these reels im thinking about buying one and looking for input.TIA :HOMETOWN:

Nessie Hunter
02-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Pflueger isnt what I would call a quality reel, Less then quality components and metals etc.
Most BPS brand Reels are Pflueger (example of quality).
Mid range at best!!!

But its been a few yrs since I was inside of one or used the ones I have...
I dont care for them, but thats just my opinion....

IncredibleHuck
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Pflueger isnt what I would call a quality reel, Less then quality components and metals etc.
Most BPS brand Reels are Pflueger (example of quality).
Mid range at best!!!

But its been a few yrs since I was inside of one or used the ones I have...
I dont care for them, but thats just my opinion....

I beg to differ on that. The Pflueger supremes are an awesome reel. I've had mine for close to 3 years now and love that thing. I wad debating at the time between that and a stradic and glad I went with the Pflueger. The drag is smooth, it's lightweight.

For the price it can't be beat and you won't be dissapointed. I don't think you need to go to the XT, the regular Supreme is more then fine.

Skaguy04
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I own a Pfluegar supreme XT.... imo its one of the best reels I own. I mostly trout fish in lakes and rivers. Very smooth and has an awesome drag. I caught 3-4 lbs LMB and DD trout on light tackle and the drag is awesome. Also caught trout is fast moving water and the reel has been great. Had it for about 2 years... its a great reel imo.

Hometown
02-13-2011, 10:35 AM
saw that were on sale at BPS for 69 bucks and i have a 50 gift certificate i think im go to pull the trigger

Thisfool
02-13-2011, 10:49 AM
i have me two Pflueger reels one is the Trion Gx7(4735gx) and the other is the Trion GX micro (4520gx). I am absolutely in love with both of them and they were only $39 a piece normal price. mine are the bottom of the line and i FEN love them so im sure the higher line models are even better

im very sure you will very happy with new Pflueger.

Matt44
02-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I heard these reels were pretty good I got some shimano's the only thing I have heard about them is there a little on the heavy side but that's it. All hearsay to me never have owned one

MagicWorm
02-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I own the Pflueger supreme xt carbon fiber model hooked up with the bps 6'9 carbon fiber rod... all i can say is WOW!! Very light weight and the drag is super SMOOTH.... This is the 1st time I have owned this brans and I am very pleased with it. Although the finish does chip easily.... I use my combo for drop shotting and it works GREAT....

joshua

Trout-Chaser
02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I have the Pflueger Trion GX7--have no complaints whatsoever. Sweet, smooth reel. I think Pfluegers get a bad rap in general.