PDA

View Full Version : Beat the skunk at the Pudd

CPT. Kirk
02-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I fished the Pudd yesterday afternoon for only 2 hours in my float tube (from 3-5). I met Bayfishingjunkie at Sail Boat Cove. while preparing my tube to launch I dropped my fishing buddy on the ramp and now it does not work I'm real upset about that. But I didn't let it ruin my afternoon I hit the water and started switching off between a drop shot and a wacky jighead around sail boat cove. I caught a small 13 3/4 inch bass on the wacky. It was nice to meet another FNN'er and float tube fisherman.
I'm now on my way to SFD with my old fish finder a Eagle 128 fish ID that I used for years before getting my 140c fishing buddy.

BASSMAN418
02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
How deep were u fishing?

CPT. Kirk
02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
about 15 feet

Mrborohachi
02-05-2011, 07:51 PM
you using a Zappu weighted hook?

CPT. Kirk
02-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I was using a weighted jig head designed for wacky worm fishing but I can not recall the brand name I think it was a 3/32 oz. I have various types and brands with and without weed guards. It may have been a Flickin Shimmy jig head from Bass Pro Shop. I purchased those at a special discounted price. The hook is a little bigger then I normaly would like but they work and the price was very good. I caught several bass on them at SFD last week.

Vman
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Checked out your fishing blog. Very nice photos & lots of good info on fishing in the hood. You look exactly as I imagined how you 'd look ( and that 's a good thing 8-) )

That beast at the Pudd must have been quite a tussle. Keep up the good work.

CPT. Kirk
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Checked out your fishing blog. Very nice photos & lots of good info on fishing in the hood. You look exactly as I imagined how you 'd look ( and that 's a good thing 8-) )

That beast at the Pudd must have been quite a tussle. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Vman

Darius
02-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info, it gives me some hope at Puddingstone! So the fish like the fake phony jigs? No love for the night crawlers?

CPT. Kirk
02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info, it gives me some hope at Puddingstone! So the fish like the fake phony jigs? No love for the night crawlers?

Live bait is probably better then artificals most of the time. But I like the challenge of using the artifical baits. I also practice catch and release on the bass. With live bait the bass often get hooked deep making survival difficult. I got hooked on using plastics when a caught my first bass on a purple plastic worm back in the mid 70's.