PDA

View Full Version : Davey's locker squid trips!!

catfish 17
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Heard that the captain from daveys locker is going out to see if the squids are back like how they were last year. He said that this was the time of year that they were here. The trip will be tomorrow night 02/05/11 at 6:00pm-11:00pm. The cost is $15.00 per angler. Do you think the squids will be out there? I was dying to go to one of those trips last year, but never made it. If those squids are out for sure, i will go to one this time.
Any opinions?

TaperSteve
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
It was a blast last year I hope they return this year!

TS

lovefofish
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
i was wanting to go last year but all my buds said they didnt want to scrub that nasty crap off

murrieta angler
02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
I haven't heard anything to date.
Please post if it was a success, I need some bait for the spring.
Thanks,
Robert
<><

fishingforreds
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
It's an exploratory squid trip. I've done exploratory trips before and it's just like the name say's. They go looking for them. It can wind up as a big boat ride or WFO.

Jackpot Jimmy
02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Giant squid make for good business and some good calamari. But I hope they don't show up this year. I would much rather have a good year for the sand bass and barracuda. Four years ago they came in force in March and then again in May/June, and the latter was about the time the sand bass showed up. No sand bass in the mud because the squid were out there, but about 60% of the bass we got in the kelp were the spawning sandies.

Like I said, fun to fight, good for business, and great to eat, but they'll eat everything in their path.

Fishzilla
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
here is the email they sent

logo
$15 Exploratory Giant Squid Trip aboard the Western Pride
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
squid Captain Dustin Devoe is going searching for the Giant Squid this upcoming Saturday night in hopes of getting bit. The boarding pass for this trip is only $15 per person. The Western Pride will depart at 6:00pm Saturday night (02/05/11) and arrive back to the dock around 11pm. These Giant Humbolt Squid were in our waters around this time last year, therefore we figured it would be a good time to be on the search.

Donald Brockman's The Freelance is offering a $25 half-day trip mid-week as well as a $49 3/4 Day trip on the weekends (please mention this E-Mail Club rate when making your reservation- this is the only way to receive this rate); Expires on March 15th, 2011. The Freelance will be departing to Catalina Island on their weekend 3/4 Day trips with live squid on board. Their afternoon half day trips mid-week will carry live squid on board as well.

Davey's Locker Overnight Boat, the Thunderbird, is currently being re-modeled for our overnight fisherman. The Thunderbird will be departing our dock for their first Rock Cod Overnight opener under their new ownership on February 28th for the low low rate of only $89 per head at 10pm. Keep a look out for more information regarding these trips in the next couple weeks!

As most of you have probably noticed, fuel prices have raised, although Davey's Locker is keeping our prices the same for our customers.

Thank you for fishing out of Davey's Locker & GOOD FISHIN'!

Quick Links...
www.daveyslocker.com
Contact Information
phone: 949-673-1434

Racerzf
02-05-2011, 01:12 AM
cant beat $15, Ive paid $65 for what seemed like a skunk exploratory trip (not out of daveys locker). but ya im already going out on another boat tomorrow for my first time in salt without a spear in 5 years. hope you guys have fun and get on that deep fried calamari!

DockRat
02-05-2011, 06:55 AM
For Calamari I'd rather have the fresh market squid in the bait tank.
Everybody says they eat everthing in thier path but the evidence in the stomachs shows baitfish mostly from what I've heard.
DR

catfish 17
02-05-2011, 02:14 PM
i hope the squids come just for a bit. Really wanna go to a trip. Dana's wharf was offering squid trips for only $25.00 last year!!!!

reptile dude007
02-05-2011, 05:04 PM
How did it go?

GETBIT!
02-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Ive Herd threres alota squid out there, but dunno how giant they are. .

BALLERONBUDGET
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
no catch reported. called landing in am and they confirmed.. lets all hope for next month or so... had boatfull +100 this time last year

catfish 17
02-08-2011, 03:45 AM
no catch reported. called landing in am and they confirmed.. lets all hope for next month or so... had boatfull +100 this time last year

so they didn't catch any?