PDA

View Full Version : Any shorefishing info?

Jake'sDad
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
We will make our one and only journey to the Vine this year and it has to be on a Sunday so I am thinking maybe Super Bowl Sunday will be less crowded than most Sundays - what do you think? Would March or April be a better time to hit the shoreline?

Seems like most all of the reports are from trollers. Anyone know how the fishing from shore currently is? We have been once to the Vine, Dec 2009, and did okay - caught a couple each from the West Shore and the far end of Santiago Flats but not much size-wise. Hoping this year we can do a little better.

With the water level up this year, can you even bank fish the West shore? What shore spots do you suggest? We probably would not arrive til about 6:30 so not sure if there will be any good shore spots still available? Any comments or recommendations much appreciated.

zzzfish
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I was out there last Sunday trolling and saw some people did really well shorefishing by trout island. I would say that's your best bet right now. Good luck out there and post a report and let us know how you do.

Jake/zzzfish

P.S. What's the chance of you having that screen name and I'm responding back with the name Jake. LOL

dixoncider
02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
you can rent a boat and just beach it where you want to fish...gets you away from the crowd...

Rooster
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Just so ya know there is a Bass Tournament this weekend.
SOCB BASS Federation

Jake'sDad
02-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Just so ya know there is a Bass Tournament this weekend.
SOCB BASS Federation

Thanks for that info, I was not aware of the tourney. Any idea how many boats will be involved? At this point I am thinking of waiting for better conditions. I think the rather warm temperatures forecast for tomorrow with only a slight wind from the NE makes it a little iffy for shore fishing. I usually do much better with cooler temps.

hooks
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
They (we) have been killin'um lately. LOTS of fish caught yesterday. Tons of shore space now the road to the flats has opened up. Check my post for yesterday.

Jake'sDad
02-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Didn't make it Sunday - woke up to a thick layer of fog and Jake was not up to a long day so we stayed close to home. Maybe we will make it next Sunday the 13th. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.