PDA

View Full Version : For the the rookie

will
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
this is going to be my first time at the santa ana river so if anybody has any advice about the rive and trout or catfish in the river it would be greatly appreciated im going out 2/5/11 so again thank you for any tips every tip will not be put to waste.:Fishing Hole::High Five:

bowler
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
are you fishing Santa Ana River Lake or the river that i off of HWY 38.

will
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
are you fishing Santa Ana River Lake or the river that i off of HWY 38.

off HWY 38

bowler
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
i have got my limit in 10 mins there before. There is only trout in there both rainbow and brown. I hope this link helps you. I am heading up to big bear lake the weekend of the 12 to fish the steams up there.
http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=sarvr

Piss on Myspace
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
its not really a "river", but more or less a small stream, absolutely gorgeous tho...i've never seen a cat in there, but there is a healthy population of wild trout...really nothing of size, unless they just stocked...throw panther martins in the obvious spots, and u should be able to limit out pretty easily...also my nephew has done pretty well with gulp earthworms...don't liter and please PINCH down the barbs!....hope this helps

RTG
02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Use crickets with a small split shot. The browns love 'em. It's not getting stocked yet, but there are plenty of holdovers in there. And don't be afraid to wander up or down stream, away from the easy spots. Watch out for nettles though.
PS-I realize this was after your planned fishing trip, but use it for next time!

Hometown
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
makes me itch just thinking of it
Use crickets with a small split shot. The browns love 'em. It's not getting stocked yet, but there are plenty of holdovers in there. And don't be afraid to wander up or down stream, away from the easy spots. Watch out for nettles though.
PS-I realize this was after your planned fishing trip, but use it for next time!