PDA

View Full Version : It's 85 Deg Inside The Garage...

Ghost
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
And it's a bit humid in there too. My Outcast Fat Cat is sitting on the floor, deflated that I can push my thumb in about 3" or more, so it's limp.

My question is, is it okay to keep my Fat Cat in the garage when it gets hot in there & humid? Or will the heat & humidity ruin the urethane bladder(s) and/or the outside materials??? Should I keep my tackle boxes and other stuff inside the Fat Cat while out in the garage also when it's hot? Will my stuff somehow ruin my Fat Cat???

Thanks for any answers....

Nessie Hunter
08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Gino, I am keeping mine in the garage now. It is much hotter here 115* (100*+ in garage).. Coolest days we have had in July were 95*....

I always try and keep it very softly inflated to keep shape of bladder so it doesnt kink etc against the cover...

It seems to do OK..........

I dont think you should worry at 85* at all.... :D :D

matt duarte
08-01-2007, 07:26 AM
lol ya I just bought my cat 4 and its spoiled it sits inside with the air condition :lol:

is it better to leave some air in it like you were saying or does it not really matter?
I'm new at these things soooo....
o ya also I took it out this past weekend and and on the back of my leg where my knee bends it got rubbed pretty good my the seat and m bord shorts and its all red and cut a little bit (raw) any wat to prevent this??? I tried to keep my knees away from the edge of the seat but... has this happened to you guys or is it cause it was my first time out and I kicked A LOT! I mean A LOT A LOT! I was having tomuch fun out their I guess lol

BakoBassin
08-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I open all the valves and let it completely deflate when I'm done with mine. It only take a couple of minutes to inflate with a double-action pump.

Mase
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
It's fine as long as it stays out of the sun.

I think it's better to leave it inflated anyways. It helps dry it out and keep mildew from growing.