PDA

View Full Version : Corona Stocking this week?

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 05:12 PM
What day is/was the Corona stocking this week?

fishinglakes.com
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Tomorrow, Thursday. Lots of Sierabows along with hopefully some Supertrout in the 20++ pound class. Won't know exactly how big until we see them.
Thanks, have fun !!

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Tomorrow, Thursday. Lots of Sierabows along with hopefully some Supertrout in the 20++ pound class. Won't know exactly how big until we see them.
Thanks, have fun !!

Thank you!

Another question. How many pounds are stocked at Corona exactly? You say "thousands and thousands."

Ps-I'm not bagging. As you can see from my previous posts, I love Corona.

E.A.R.G.
02-02-2011, 07:33 PM
hehe million dollar question

bet your answer will be something like
thousands and thousands of pounds, and its different every week so we can't say for sure?

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 07:53 PM
hehe million dollar question

bet your answer will be something like
thousands and thousands of pounds, and its different every week so we can't say for sure?

I don't get it? Other lakes (I.e. LNL) can say 3,000 pounds but Corona can't? Seems like they are hiding something IMHO.

fishinglakes.com
02-02-2011, 08:30 PM
In the past we did disclose how much fish we actually stocked. With that information, other lakes would then claim a larger stocking amount. Because of that, we decided that we would no longer give out our actual stocking figures. Instead, we make a stocking video of each weekly stocking so that your own eyes can be the judge of how much fish we actually stock. We feel a video is worth a thousand words. What other Lake does a weekly stocking video for you to see exactly how many fish they stock?
Thanks

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 08:37 PM
In the past we did disclose how much fish we actually stocked. With that information, other lakes would then claim a larger stocking amount. Because of that, we decided that we would no longer give out our actual stocking figures. Instead, we make a stocking video of each weekly stocking so that your own eyes can be the judge of how much fish we actually stock. We feel a video is worth a thousand words. What other Lake does a weekly stocking video for you to see exactly how many fish they stock?
Thanks

No offense, but that reasoning makes no sense and makes it look your hiding something. I love your lake and especially love the drive. I also love fishing at LNL. but I don't like that drive. If I know LNL stocks 3,000 pounds every week and you won't say how much, I am more inclined to go to LNL. Simple reason is if you stocked an equal amount or more, there is no reason why you wouldn't say that. Therefore, I can only assume you stock less.

BassinDas
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Ive been there 4 times - in a boat and shore as well. Cant seem to time it right as we dont do so well (4) trout plus 1 monster that got away at the boat as we had a net that was too small.

Id sure like to know when the stocking days are for the week - moreover, are they put in the water say on Thurs, is it Wed nite after closing or actually on thursday. Hate to be a pain but Id be really greatful to know the times the plants are done. My dad loves to go and its hard to make the trip as he's getting up there - add the C note to get the boat and incidentals - Id like to better my chances. Your lake is really nice and easy to use. Making the trip the saturday and hoping to get a few for dinner!

Thanks,

Don from Long Beach

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Ive been there 4 times - in a boat and shore as well. Cant seem to time it right as we dont do so well (4) trout plus 1 monster that got away at the boat as we had a net that was too small.

Id sure like to know when the stocking days are for the week - moreover, are they put in the water say on Thurs, is it Wed nite after closing or actually on thursday. Hate to be a pain but Id be really greatful to know the times the plants are done. My dad loves to go and its hard to make the trip as he's getting up there - add the C note to get the boat and incidentals - Id like to better my chances. Your lake is really nice and easy to use. Making the trip the saturday and hoping to get a few for dinner!

Thanks,

Don from Long Beach

Sorry you haven't done well. I usually do well on the float tube. But my request for numbers and belief it is a valid argument holds true.

They stock the morning of they say usually between 8-10 am. Then they post the video later that day. Based on my limited experience, the fishing the two days after the stock are the best. It takes 24 hrs for the fish to get acquainted with their new home and start biting (USUALLY).

Trout Daddy
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
on the chaulk mound trout website it says they deliver 9000 pounds in the truck. It stops at the following places per the website "We supply fish to the Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona Lake, Lake Poway, Lakes Dixon and Wohlford, as well as Mountain Lakes Resort." That equates to about 1500 pounds per lake if you are doing some basic math. I have heard that Mt Lakes gets 2 tanks when they are stocked and they say its about 1500 #'s....... I could be wrong, just doing some estimating while I sit here at work........

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
on the chaulk mound trout website it says they deliver 9000 pounds in the truck. It stops at the following places per the website "We supply fish to the Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona Lake, Lake Poway, Lakes Dixon and Wohlford, as well as Mountain Lakes Resort." That equates to about 1500 pounds per lake if you are doing some basic math. I have heard that Mt Lakes gets 2 tanks when they are stocked and they say its about 1500 #'s....... I could be wrong, just doing some estimating while I sit here at work........

Good reasoning. So based on that, 1500 per week? That seems weak. Also seems to falsify Corona's claim of "thousands and thousands of pounds per week." (Direct quote from Corona. Call the number yourself).

I just don't get it. Why can't Corona tell us the number they put in their lake each week? They know it and won't tell us. Makes no business sense. Because another lake may lie is your reason for not having integrity and honesty in business? Not good enough.

Start talking Corona or you're going to start seeing less business.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok, so I did some googling and found thus...which I know is going to be Corona's response to my question

http://www.fishinglakes.com/stocking.htm

Interesting read and I do see Corona's VALID claims/facts.

HOWEVER, my one point still remains. Why not tell us exactly how many pounds you stock each week?? Answer this one question please.

Thanks!!

Trout Daddy
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
At the end of the day they have alot of fish in their lakes. The videos are amusing and show alot of fish and slo mo lunkers going in as well. If you wanna fish there handle it. If not there are plenty of other options right now in So Cal. I just dont see getting up @ 0000 hrs and sleeping in my car to fish...... To each their own!

Surfnsnowboard3
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
At the end of the day they have alot of fish in their lakes. The videos are amusing and show alot of fish and slo mo lunkers going in as well. If you wanna fish there handle it. If not there are plenty of other options right now in So Cal. I just dont see getting up @ 0000 hrs and sleeping in my car to fish...... To each their own!

I agree with everything you said. However, I do not think a request for Corona to answer my question is unreasonable. And more importantly, I cannot think of a single reason WHY that questioned cannot be answered.

socal_native
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Actually your "logic" is faulty for many reasons...

Right off the top to base your 1500 lbs, per week/per delivery, on their website stating "We supply fish to the Santa Ana River Lakes, Lake Poway, Lakes Dixon and Wohlford, as well as Mountain Lakes Resort" is wrong because just above that it says "Our large, modern transports..." which more than likely means they have more than one truck & trailer and so you can't reasonably assume that all 9000 lbs are going to be divided among all the listed customers. Also they can deliver on more than one day, and you have no idea if every customer is receiving fish every week.

Furthermore if you watch the videos you can see there are only 5 or 6 tanks on the trailer and they always empty 2 or 3 at SARLs and 2 or 3 at Corona lake.

I understand your concerns about how many actual pounds are being stocked, but why aren't you asking about all of the other lakes and why they don't show the actual fish that they stock?
How hard is it to take one digital picture and post it online?

Would you rather be fishing for 3000 fish that weigh 1/2 to 1 pound each?
Or less but larger fish?

The videos display A LOT of quality fish being stocked.

I'm not saying showing a video of the actual stocking AND listing the total weight wouldn't hurt.
But then I'm not running the company and so it's not my choice.

Plus to accurately give a measurement of total weight they would have to get the truck weighed empty, full of water and then full of water and full of the fish.
I'm sure they know the truck weight empty, but the water level would be slightly different each time and of course the load of fish would be different.

So how accurate is any claim?

Have you seen a certified scale receipt? I never have from any fish ranch or end customer showing a certain weight.

I've been to several of the lakes on stocking days, but only because they coincided with my days off and thus with my fishing days, and in my opinion, of the several times I've seen the actual fish going in, Corona lake has had the best overall looking fish.

And by that I mean the most fish I'd like to catch.
Some other lakes seemed to have as many total fish and probably more, but not of the size or quality.

For any water body that stocks fish I'd rather see 600 5 pounders go in rather than 1500 2 pounders. But that's just me and probably they would have less people catching fish and that's really not good for business.

I think SARL/Corona lake have stated their opinion on this subject and I tend to think it's much like all of the wireless cell phone companies various claims about fastest, biggest, largest or more coverage cell network.

There is an answer, but most people don't really care they just want to be able to make a call.

And in our case catch some nice fish.

Good luck and just go to where you like to fish and are happy with what you catch.

Fysher
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Agree with SoCal. Corona/SARL are the only lakes that have video of their stocking.

How do you know that LNL stocks 3,000lbs of fish every week? Just because they say they do, doesn't mean they're telling the truth. All other lakes claim they stock XXXX amount of fish every week but yet, have no video of them stocking.

This is my $.02 on these lakes.
A bunch of anglers will go to these pay lakes and fish. Those who limit out would say, dam they do stock a lot of fish. Those who got the skunk or gets 1 would say, this is BS, they didn't stock that many fish, because if they did stock that many fish, we would have caught more.

So if Corona/SARL say they stock xxxx amount every week, would that make you change your decision and fish there?

Fysher
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
No offense, but that reasoning makes no sense and makes it look your hiding something. I love your lake and especially love the drive. I also love fishing at LNL. but I don't like that drive. If I know LNL stocks 3,000 pounds every week and you won't say how much, I am more inclined to go to LNL. Simple reason is if you stocked an equal amount or more, there is no reason why you wouldn't say that. Therefore, I can only assume you stock less.

No offense, just because LNL says they stock 3,000 lbs do you really think they stock that amount? So if Corona/SARL says they stock 4,000 lbs a week, you would fish there instead? There's really no evidence at the moment that any lakes stock what they claim.

wetsideconnect
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it wouldnt or doesnt matter how much they stock in the lakes it doesnt guarantee that you will catch any.. I have seen the videos and they stock a whole lot of fish.. I usually do very well when I go and I dont have the liberty of going during the week when they stock.. Just get out and fish and let your efforts pay off.. Corona puts big numbers in and all of my pals are hitting them every time out.. There are also many going who look for insignificant data and dont catch anything when they go.. I think the time should be spent learning how to increase your odds by techniques, lures and baits. When I started trouting I could not buy fish but I spent the time researching and trying it out and now I do well..
Just thinking out loud..

JohnnyBoy
02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
It would be fair to say that they put in at least two to three tanks per week per lake. Last year when they put in the same amount it was 5k pounds. I would bet that it's the same amount. When they have a bonus stocking its up to 8k. At least that's what it was for those types of stockings last season. Let me say this, based on how well I always do at Corona, it has to be at least 5k. I'm normally 4 days behind the stocking and always do good.