Sublime-Steve
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Has ANYONE got a trout lately?

Sublime-Steve
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
lol guess not

Anthony I.
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Drove by today... Few guys fishing... But water still looks like chocolate milk... Can't imagine trout being too active in water like that

old pudd fisher
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Yo! Steve I cruised by Fairmont today to check it out, the water looks normal now but only seen a hand full of fishermen. Don't know if it was stocked or not but seen a guy fishing with a big trout swim bait I just drove by.

old pudd fisher
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
You beat me to the post 'anthony' And yes it's still not that good but it never is and I think it would be hard for trout to live in there too at anytime:Big Grin:

Anthony I.
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi old pudd fisher, I got ya beat by just one minute haha... but seriously the lake doesn't look suitable for trout IMO... However the guys I did see fishing looked to be soaking and waiting... IDK maybe a strong trout dip or something that would attract the trout by sense would work... Visiblity is just to low for sight alone

Sublime-Steve
02-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Good test for the ole Bite on?!

tree
02-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I was at Fairmount on the 4th and 5th for a couple hours each day throwing a 6" Lunker Punker, so maybe Mr. Pudd saw me fishing. asian guy with a black jacket and blue jeans.

I saw some "boils" in the pond scum and all the pine needles in the water, but i cant tell if its nuts falling out of the trees or actually small fish.

I'll go out there and try for some trout before the superbowl.

edit: you guys are right about the visibility. I'd say the water has changed from the brown gunk back to the normal fairmount dirty tinge. Would the DFG stock the trout anyways regardless how dirty the water is?

edit2: THEYRE STOCKING IT AGAIN THIS WEEK! PERRIS TOO! http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/hatcheries/fishplanting/InlandDeserts.asp

old pudd fisher
02-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Yep 'tree' that was you who I seen.

tree
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Yep 'tree' that was you who I seen.

pretty cool that you saw me. i was barely there for an hour and a half. good timing :D

Anthony I.
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
pretty cool that you saw me. i was barely there for an hour and a half. good timing :D

What time were you there? And what part of the lake were you fishing?

carpanglerdude
02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Walked the shore yesterday, tossing a spinner bait and a jerkbait. No hits. Did see one carp, one rainbow, and one small largemouth landed by other anglers. They hadn't stocked it yet, as of yesterday. Still super muddy.

Rapala17
02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the scouting report. Those anglers were keeping the fish, or they just told you their catch? I still believe the PH levels will not clear up until March at least.

tree
02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
The DFG website says theyre stocking this week. I wonder if the trout will bite even in murky water.

carpanglerdude
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Carp was laying on the sidewalk when I went by, dude was putting it on a stringer.
The little bass was released, and the trout was kept.

Funny thing was, both the trout guy and the bass guy were apologetic about keeping the fish (the bass guy said he kept an 18'' largemouth earlier, but would let this one go) with me even asking them about c&r.

TheAsianGuy
02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I was at Fairmount on the 4th and 5th for a couple hours each day throwing a 6" Lunker Punker, so maybe Mr. Pudd saw me fishing. asian guy with a black jacket and blue jeans.

Sure it wasn't me, the other asian guy in the black jacket and blue jeans? LOL I was at the dock doing some stink bait casting.

CTFISHER
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I was there this morning from 9 to 1030 and managed to hook up on two dfg stockers. Don't know how to post pics,they were small anyway. One was half a pound the other was a pound.

zen
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
i was there this morning for a quick sesion but didnt even get a bite o well next time

TheAsianGuy
02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
New to the location. What bait have you guys been using? I tried garlic loaded anchovies and shrimp mixed with cheese, and got ferocious feeding action but no solid hook (not using treble for clean catch & release). Can't get the cats to take on the stinkiest chicken liver in the larger lake. Might have to try the smaller lake, or the smallest lake.

Oh, anyone know the depths for all the Lake Evans' (from the biggest to the smallest)? I read the article about the 2008 dredging, which increased the depth to an addition 7 feet. So..what's the total depth in the middle and along the banks?