PDA

View Full Version : Trout Stocked Today!

laserbrn
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't know anything about fishing yet and basically only work the bait and wait, but when I was up at the lake today the truck pulled up an unloaded a healthy amount of trout into the lake @ about 10:30am. I didn't have any swimbaits or any gear appropriate for it, but just a heads for those that can fish.

MonsterGuppy
02-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Thx for the info, now if I can only find the time to use it :)

snakeplissken
02-02-2011, 07:39 AM
upper lake or the lagoon?

SDDave
02-02-2011, 09:00 AM

Upper, sounds like the main ramp, they don't stock the lower anymore, though I wish they did, I just checked the friends site and the wind is blowing nnw so if anyones heading up in a boat you better call first.

BIGBASS MB
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM

it dosen't make any sense, why stop stocking the lagoon and keep stocking the upper lake??? When all your doing is feeding the stripers up there... Lets face it, the lagoon is a much better setting for trout fishing than the upper lake for most people... Wake up gfg and get your heads out of your ***.
Mb.

snakeplissken
02-03-2011, 06:19 AM
i agree with BIGBASS on this one. i learned the DFG just stocked mcarthur park in los angeles. talk about a waste of resources. i don't have a problem with the dfg trying to provide a kid's derby.it'll get them hooked on something else besides gangs and hanging out in the streets , but what i do have a problem with is the LOCATION.unless you have body armor and a kevlar , you really can't fish that lake.

ghost2uu
02-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Cause the trout can swim down river from the lower lagoon during high water and may or may not spawn with the endagered steelhead that may or may not be there.

Double A
02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
i was driving down the 126 the other day and thought about stopping to try my hand at some steelhead. has anyone had any luck lately. any tips/advice would be appreciated.

:ROFL:

snakeplissken
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
:Head Bang:steelhead? lmao...o.k.
if you say so.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
i was driving down the 126 the other day and thought about stopping to try my hand at some steelhead. has anyone had any luck lately. any tips/advice would be appreciated.

:ROFL:
Steelhead fishing near the 126 fire ravaged areas has been off the hook !

For those in the know peeps !

It's like shooting fish in a barrel !

Back to topic:
Someone needs to be pounding the upper with big baits........

Hmnn...no one ????

Maybe that'll change

Good luck ta everyone !
Gary

Fire Ball
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Steelhead fishing near the 126 fire ravaged areas has been off the hook !

For those in the know peeps !

It's like shooting fish in a barrel !

Back to topic:
Someone needs to be pounding the upper with big baits........

Hmnn...no one ????

Maybe that'll change

Good luck ta everyone !
Gary

I kinda feel like heading up there right now with my swimbait rod, but I don't know..

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I kinda feel like heading up there right now with my swimbait rod, but I don't know..

Stop thinking and get on 'em....

U won't catch them pigs playin; Rapala 2000 Wii Game....

I hope U go....and I hope U get em !

I'm stuck at work for now : (
Good luck !
Gary

Fire Ball
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Stop thinking and get on 'em....

U won't catch them pigs playin; Rapala 2000 Wii Game....

I hope U go....and I hope U get em !

I'm stuck at work for now : (
Good luck !
Gary

I kinda want to go, but I'm feeling tired today, plus my money hasn't been transfered from my PayPal account to my bank account yet, so I hardly have any money for gas and I'm going to hit the salt this weekend again. :Confused: I'll see what I can do.. The wind has been surprisingly calm today which makes me really want to go for a little bit..

laserbrn
02-04-2011, 04:32 AM
It was at the upper lake. I was kind of surprised how little activity it seemed the generate. I figured with the amount of trout goin' in the lake it would attract more attention and there would be stripers just bustin' on these things, but overall seemed still very quiet.

Jimbow
02-04-2011, 05:59 AM
SSSSssssssssshhhhhhhh about the 126 steelies.........its been a well kept secret for years. :Secret:

snakeplissken
02-04-2011, 09:36 AM
i'm heading up there tomorrow and i'm bringing my BBZ trout. hopefully i'll get lucky.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
SSSSssssssssshhhhhhhh about the 126 steelies.........its been a well kept secret for years. :Secret:

Ooop's...sorry about that.

all the action has been for the "in the know" peeps anyways !

Ninj'a are all afoot out there.....u'll never know theyre there !

Best kept local secret....just like quail lake and the fact that there is stripers there !....no one knows about that : )

Double A
02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
hwy 126 steelies

i seem to be having a tough time distinguishing the difference between the steelies, and what might be hold over trout that escaped from the goon. guess it doesn't really matter... kill em all !!!

Josh
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
hwy 126 steelies
guess it doesn't really matter... kill em all !!!

and let the fillet knife sort em out!

fishinone
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
It was at the upper lake. I was kind of surprised how little activity it seemed the generate. I figured with the amount of trout goin' in the lake it would attract more attention and there would be stripers just bustin' on these things, but overall seemed still very quiet.

When I caught a striper on swimbait after the stock, it was a couple hours later and the striper never popped the surface.

I got the striper slow rolling the bait along the bottom.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
It’s been a real strange season, the striper have not keyed hard on the trout this year as of yet, I’ve seen it happen before….cannot explain why, it’s real strange..

There’s plenty of meat on the table for them but not hammering them hard like normal patterning…

It’s should be off the hook…but it’s not.

Ya never know though…hour to hour day by day always has the possibility of change for the better….
Only way to ever tell is to fish it hard and see…

Last time I was there I had 1 stripey blowup on topwater trout and that was it : (

Gotta unlock their jaws !

Hmnnnn…..somethin’s gotta DIE !

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
hwy 126 steelies

i seem to be having a tough time distinguishing the difference between the steelies, and what might be hold over trout that escaped from the goon. guess it doesn't really matter... kill em all !!!

I really understand your concerns…

they all look the same dried out in the dry wash gulley !

I think there was one high water overflow year when the BASS were biting over at Magic Mountain too…

I actually caught a migrating hybrid LMB + Steelhead !

= Largesteelheadedbass

(Hybrids ! –woo-hoo !)

Double A
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
nooooooooo !!!

now the largie's are mating with the steelhead ?!

the Pacific Rivers Counsel and the Center for Biological Diversity are gonna have a $h!t fit !!!

BALLERONBUDGET
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
did recon check at upper lake. water level way down from concrete barriers in parking lot. little seen few 8in. stock left!!!! on way to lake found out that ramp closes at 3pm!!!! wtf so much for bringing boat after 1/2day of work... 10 guys on shore no fish around or caught!!!!! 900lbs all gone or headed to deeper waters......

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
did recon check at upper lake. water level way down from concrete barriers in parking lot. little seen few 8in. stock left!!!! on way to lake found out that ramp closes at 3pm!!!! wtf so much for bringing boat after 1/2day of work... 10 guys on shore no fish around or caught!!!!! 900lbs all gone or headed to deeper waters......
They are around just not necessarily visable

Did U throw the big bait ?

Sorry no luv

nooooooooo !!!

now the largie's are mating with the steelhead ?!

the Pacific Rivers Counsel and the Center for Biological Diversity are gonna have a $h!t fit !!!

YES they will trip hard ...

BUT...The action is off the hook..

Shooting fish in a barrel..

For up to date bite and method reports please PM big boss hawg expert

kaneo
02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
900 lbs of trout is nothing for castaic. and the plants seem to be only once a month ? i remember seeing 2400 lbs at a time dumped into piru, castaic and pyramid, and this was every 2 weeks... dfg is trying to make it look like their attempting to use our fishing license money for something.... the ospreys will have them gone in no time. im guessing the stripers are not keying into the trout because there is not enough trout in a lake. especially as big as upper castaic. once the plant hits, you get all the truck chasers that fish the ramp. between them and the ospreys not much left.... 900 lbs even if they were 1lb fish, is only 900 trout... im guessing that more than a few were over 1lb, so you looking at maybe 750 trout planted... its a shame what has happened to our trout plants.... look at casistas.. use to be a classic big bass lake when the trout use to be planted... now your lucky to get a 5 to 6 lb. largie from their now....

Viejo
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
"its a shame what has happened to our trout plants.... look at casistas.. use to be a classic big bass lake when the trout use to be planted....."

I suspect that the truck chasers and ospreys will have a lot less to chase in the coming austere years. If the cutting that seems to be required to balance budgets comes to pass....DFG will barely be able to answer the phone....let alone stock everyone's favorite lake. That also means that there will be even less enforcement to deal with rampant poaching that goes on all over the state.

jonshibata
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
We've been metering stripers at well over 250', so I don't think a majority of the stripers are even remotely aware of the trout since they are cruising up tight to the shoreline. Between the stripers, bass, and cormorants most of the stocks don't even make it to the weekend. There are plenty of big bass in the goon too so they probably wouldn't last a lot longer down there.