PDA

View Full Version : wintertime bassin on the stardust 1-29

twils3247
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Sorry for the late report. Had to get grading papers done for the semester. This is my first post on here, but I have enjoyed reading all of your posts for a while now.
Decided to test out my new Curado I got for Christmas on a bassin trip out of Santa Barbara. We left right at 9 with a load of 15 anglers and made the 30 to 40 minute run out to the horseshoe reef area. Sal was on deck and cooking amazing breakfast burritos too and Luke was captain. We skipped the bait receiver and opted for the frozen squid because we didnt have a use for the 7 and 8 inch sardines in there. Would love to have those in the Summertime if the yellows show up at the islands. We fished anywhere from 26 to 29 feet all day. A lot of sugar bass and browns came up and got sent back down. No bass came off of the first spot so after a while we moved to a little different spot on the reef. Again, more rockfish provided some fun action for everyone and the bass started to bite a little. We ended up with 4 legal bass and one short. Tough day of bass fishing but everyone got their share of c&r with the rockfish. I ended up catching 7 sugar bass, one brown rockfish and one calico that took jp. All in all it was a beautiful day on the water and fun fishing with a good group of people. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Thomas

Jackpot Jimmy
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the board Thomas! Sounds like a good day even if there were a lot of fish that had to be thrown back. Thanks for the report and I'll be looking for more reports from you in the future! :Smile:

k3vin_kim
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe next christmas we can all pitch in and get u a camera.

J/k - welcome to the forum thomas.

JapanRon
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi twils3247,

Welcome. Nice first report.

JapanRon

Tunaslam
02-02-2011, 11:28 AM
A good time for all, even if the Bass didn't go on the chew. C&R can be equally fun sometimes!
Cory

murrieta angler
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey Thomas,
First off, welcome to the site..:Smile:
Thanks for the report, looking forward to more in the future.
Robert
<><

troutdog
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the board and congrats on the jp calico....just ask, and k3vin Claus he will buy you a camera since he mentioned it! :LOL:

TD

DockRat
02-03-2011, 06:27 AM
THNX for the report and welcome to FNN.
DR

flyngby
02-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Nice first report!

twils3247
02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the welcome. I really enjoy reading all of your reports. i hope i write many more reports on here this year. sorry about the lack of pics, forgot the camera on that trip. ill make sure there are some good pics on the next one. i hope everyone is having an awesome weekend.

Thomas