PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing trip ventura

BIGBASS MB
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
had the day off today and wanted to go to the beach for some surf perch, got there around 9:30am and the tide was high, didn't get any bites for the fist hour, switched to another spot on the beach and started getting bites non stop but all mostley small perch, the bite went on for about 2 hours and I ended with 12 fsh and a lot of swings and misses... still looking for the honey hole where all the big mamas are... all and all it was a beautifull day out there and not bad for the fist day fishing of the year. I'm glad I went...
MB

tomah
02-01-2011, 06:31 AM
nice! how many inches were the lil surf perches u landed?

BIGBASS MB
02-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Got one that was 10" and the rest of them were all around 5" or so...

murrieta angler
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Very nice MB,
At least you were out there playing in the surf.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

labjet2000
02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Good times BB MB,

I could just perch there all day in the surf hunting them ... perchies and never move more than twenty feet in either direction. Wouldn't really matter how big, or how many of them cooperated either. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy. Thanks for the report.

salmotrutta
02-01-2011, 02:18 PM
WTG
went yesterday and today @ surfers knoll
Quality not Quantity
larger models 12"
bloody gulp sandworms

BIGBASS MB
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
good times bb mb,

i could just perch there all day in the surf hunting them ... Perchies and never move more than twenty feet in either direction. Wouldn't really matter how big, or how many of them cooperated either. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy. Thanks for the report.

i'm with you on that labjet, had a blast out there yesturday. It was beautifull....
Mb

BIGBASS MB
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
very nice mb,
at least you were out there playing in the surf.
Thanks for the report,
robert
<><
yes i had to go and get my line wet and just be out there... I'm glad i did too....
Mb

flyngby
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Gotta take what you can get in the cold season!

Perch on the end of the line are better than pulling in a white striped furry critter!