PDA

View Full Version : Lnl – 1/29/11

JohnnyBoy
01-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Last week on Saturday I had one tough day. While everyone else was catching fish, I scored just 1 fish. Not my best day. I lost my mojo and was seriously frustrated by the largest crowd I have ever seen at LNL.

I arrived around 7:30 am and was on the water this day by 8am. I fished for about an hour without so much as a nibble. I was worried that it was going to be another bad day for Johnny. After about an hour, I actually snagged a large net. So I thought I’m going to get a large fish. That’s what that net was for. Destiny if you will. Anyhow in the flats my rod loaded and I knew I had a large fish by the weight. This fish went across my other setup, but I just opened the bail and kept fighting this fish. Roughly 5 minutes later I landed a 6 and ¼ pound trout. My luck was improving. After roughly another 3 hours of fishing and I had put a total of 6 fish on the boat. I felt a lot better about myself.

The crowd was reasonable, not light and not heavy. It’s what I would call reasonably manageable. The three pipes area was pretty well monitored and I did not feel like negotiating the crowd. The shore line around the launch ramp had its usual contingent and I had no interest in that either. So I fished the bubble hole and did well over there. It wasn’t wide open but a steady bite.

What worked for me? I caught all six fish of the day on plastics. I was throwing white on orange combo. For me at least, orange seemed to be what they wanted. Green is my go to color but not even a nibble on the green. I was surprised by that. These fish are like women, finicky.

So it was another successful day for Johnny at LNL. I really want to give a fly rod a whirl and see how I fare using a wet fly. All those fly guys were doing real well and it looks like a lot of fun. If anyone has a fly rod they are looking to sell, let me know. I’m in the market for a setup. :Rolls Eyes:

5AUGHT
02-01-2011, 08:57 AM
It wasn't a collapsable black Rapala net by chance? I was there on saturday with my friend on a boat and get into a good bite with 3 of our 4 rods going off and some where in that our net went missing.

mytyt
02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Were the fly guys trolling in their tubes? Sinking lines? LNl is pretty shallow isn't it? I have read that they use midges a lot fishing there