PDA

View Full Version : long day, but no skunk

Lucky Lager
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
got a late start yesterday, started at the house & worked my way west.
after no luck at 5 spots, i figured i was going home with another skunk. but the 6th spot was the charm.
didn't plan on staying at this spot for very long, so i didn't really fish it seriously. a few casts in, and i thought i had a hit.....swing & a miss. figured it was probably bottom since i was throwing a rat-l-trap, and it usually hooks up solid.
i decide to make sure, and throw back to the same spot.....hooked up solid this time.
not much of a fight because he was just under 5lbs, but hey, my freezer isn't empty anymore & i kicked the skunk into the duct :Guns:
i was cranking it as slow as i could with this flow on the bottom. overcast & rainy all day, but i got this one as soon as the sun poked out for about 20 minutes. no stomach contents. belly was bulging, but that's only because he hadn't had his morning dump.....nuf said.

Double A
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
awwwww yea

way to kick that skunk

good to see that your persistance paid off

Marine_Michael
01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Nice job, I've had nothing but the skunk my last few times out.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
congrats on punkin dat skunk...saweet..

low and slow....

Wa ta roll !

Gary

yolo
01-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Right on LL! You were due.

M@M
02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
ahhh...the good ole Rat L Trap.....Nice....and nice to beat the skunk.

Lucky Lager
02-02-2011, 07:43 PM
ahhh...the good ole Rat L Trap.....Nice....and nice to beat the skunk.

yea, it's the ol' reliable.

any color will work......as long as it's chrome, with a blue back :ROFL:

trail blazer
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Oooooooyaaaaaaaaaa stripa slayaaaa

trail blazer

yolo
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
yea, it's the ol' reliable.

any color will work......as long as it's chrome, with a blue back :ROFL:

That and the chrome with black back are my favorites 3/4oz. 1/2oz too.

Cableguy
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Nice job L.L. Six spots...persistance pays off. So at these spots, are you walking much or 1 block and move on?
Trying to see if I am spending too much time walking when I should be driving to other spots. I finally got in the BASSTRIX tubes. I just need to figure out how to rig them and what size jig. Been using Flukes and rattlers but the rattlers seem to be snag city in the current lately.

Lucky Lager
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
That and the chrome with black back are my favorites 3/4oz. 1/2oz too.

yea, if they're out of the blue, i get the black. but i've found the 1oz works the best. i have gotten one on a 1/2oz, but only the one

Lucky Lager
02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Nice job L.L. Six spots...persistance pays off. So at these spots, are you walking much or 1 block and move on?
Trying to see if I am spending too much time walking when I should be driving to other spots. I finally got in the BASSTRIX tubes. I just need to figure out how to rig them and what size jig. Been using Flukes and rattlers but the rattlers seem to be snag city in the current lately.

i kinda go with the gut as far as a time limit. that day i spent about a half hour at each spot. one spot had a few spots that looked fishey, so i stayed there about an hour and hit those spots in every zone more than once.
the last spot (where i got the fish) i only stayed about 10 minutes. threw a few, got the fish, threw a few more times & headed home.

other times i do the duct walk & go anywhere from 1/4mi to 1-1/2mi, and back. depends on the weather, how i'm feeling.....and the gut. some days i'll come around a bend & see a spot that looks really fishey, so i'll go a little further.....then around the next bend, then the next. most of the time, i just get more excersize. but sometimes, i get a fish.

i'd say hopping is more productive than walking, but sometimes i just can't help myself. :Dead Horse: