PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake Jan 30, 2011

karlkrger
01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nil3AeTS-i4

1 trout jigging with powerbait. it sucked. really windy and bite was really slow

Jig-Guy
01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi karlkrger, thanks for your report and video cool. The fish you caught looked like a nice bow & no:Skunk:. Maybe you will be able to hammer those fish next time.
TL
JG

troutguy26
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
i need to head up there soon..so many quality fish in that place!

Josh
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
I was up there with karl and hate to say it but I doubt I'd go back. He was telling me the last time he was there they caught nice fish but they had rocks in their stomachs which tells me they're starving. Further I saw several floaters down where I was. The bite may have been better if the winds were down but I'm iffy on the fish there.

karlkrger
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
i have to say that is true. the fish do have rocks in there stomachs. but either way youll seee me back there . it was just a real windy day. u can check out the other videos ive posted and see the reports i had left for this past week when the bite was real good.

I was up there with karl and hate to say it but I doubt I'd go back. He was telling me the last time he was there they caught nice fish but they had rocks in their stomachs which tells me they're starving. Further I saw several floaters down where I was. The bite may have been better if the winds were down but I'm iffy on the fish there.

youngfish
01-31-2011, 01:08 PM

A LOT of the lassen and calaveras fish have rocks int here stomachs. they do it for the same reason cows do...to help digest food.

Josh
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
A LOT of the lassen and calaveras fish have rocks int here stomachs. they do it for the same reason cows do...to help digest food.

very interesting. I was unaware of this.

youngfish
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I was really confused when I started seeing this at alot of the local lakes. the only places ive seen this are those lakes that get fish from those two companies. I talked to one of the gentlemen dumping fish at guasti a while back and they explained it too me.

Josh
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
I was really confused when I started seeing this at alot of the local lakes. the only places ive seen this are those lakes that get fish from those two companies. I talked to one of the gentlemen dumping fish at guasti a while back and they explained it too me.

Yeah that to me is a sign of starvation more than it is a thing you'd think fish would do.

youngfish
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
wouldn't starvation mean fish to be caught? I dont see it as an issue, but i understand what your saying..

Trout Daddy
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Karl:

Thanks for the effort in your video reports at Hesperia. I suggest you move around. I have yet to see that side of the lake produce......

Mr Bendo
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Don't be afraid to drop shot and use short leaders! I been fishing that lake solid this month and its been awesome. I used to fish that lake alot until ,they shut the water down. Now that is back the fishing is back. Already two ten pounders, and have been getting about 12 fish a trip. They key is short leader, no more than
8". its not really a bait lake.........working plastics produces 90% of my fish. Don't cast to far either. as far as bait goes.....bright colors with scent....lots of scent. I like the "Bite on garlic" and the "Yum" garlic ail. Talk to Pete in the morning he knows what's working and where.

karlkrger
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
well ive been to north shore and shunked it 3 times in a row. thats a lot of shunk there.. lol..i found a spot of the lake that i really like. i want to try the far far north end of the lake. over by were that tree caught fire on sunday. lol some dumb *** threw a smoke in the tree stump and it caught fire. it was dumb. fire dept came. i have to chill on the fishing because money is not what i like seeing right now. cant afford to fish. i got all the baits and what ive been doing is offering to drive some of the buddies. pick them up and drop them off. and they are nice enough to pay. but either way wont be doing any fishing anytime soon that i can see in my future.

Karl:

Thanks for the effort in your video reports at Hesperia. I suggest you move around. I have yet to see that side of the lake produce......

karlkrger
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Don't be afraid to drop shot and use short leaders! I been fishing that lake solid this month and its been awesome. I used to fish that lake alot until ,they shut the water down. Now that is back the fishing is back. Already two ten pounders, and have been getting about 12 fish a trip. They key is short leader, no more than
8". its not really a bait lake.........working plastics produces 90% of my fish. Don't cast to far either. as far as bait goes.....bright colors with scent....lots of scent. I like the "Bite on garlic" and the "Yum" garlic ail. Talk to Pete in the morning he knows what's working and where.

ya for sure.... damn thats dope that your getting those 10 lbs. ive been trying to land something big but biggest was a 3 so far. i catch a lot of fish but nothing of great size. the one that ended up biting so hard the other day and taking my pole whould have been nice but i didnt get a chance to hook it because well i was saving my pole from the water. lol ... ya ill for sure be out there soon but when money gets better

grouch760
02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
yeh your right it was realy windy didnt catch **** that day but gona keep trying next time put me in the video lol
see you ther next time bud

TurtleSlayer
02-02-2011, 08:51 PM
maybe they are getting full of rocks....
maybe try drop shotting a rock on a size 18 treble.......

BufordT9
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
maybe they are getting full of rocks....
maybe try drop shotting a rock on a size 18 treble.......

Good ol fashioned Rockshot!

Matt44
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Been fishing here a lot lately iv had the best numbers here compared to my year at all the other lakes lnl corona irvine etc. Iv been getting them on split shot chart/shad powerworms. But iv also seen drop shot fisherman killin as well.

karlkrger
02-08-2011, 11:53 PM
ya for sure. there are so many different ways to fish and its fun trying to figure out what there biting on
Been fishing here a lot lately iv had the best numbers here compared to my year at all the other lakes lnl corona irvine etc. Iv been getting them on split shot chart/shad powerworms. But iv also seen drop shot fisherman killin as well.