PDA

View Full Version : Yucaipa 1/28/10

jcskim
01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Got up to do some fishing before work, headed up and arrived at the lake around 6:40. I walk the shore and set-up on my normal spot. I saw a couple fish swimming close to shore, so im thinking this could be a good morning. Not one bite all day but I only stayed till 11:00. Alot of fish were swimming by the shore and some people started scooping them up with nets.....it seemed like the fish were either drugged or sick. Once the sun came out you could see quite a few dead fish in the lake, I talked to the rangers and they said they've already had a couple stocks were the fish went 50/50 dying and stuff. I also talked to some of the regulars out there and they said the fishing hasn't been as good as last season.....kinda disappointing since I like fishing here. After what I saw im staying away from the county lakes for a bit, till things get better.

MexicanPistachio
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
i live a few miles from there and i have been there 3x this season. in my opinion the quality of fish has gone way down this year. trout season is half over so who knows if it will get better there.

jcskim
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
good to see im not the only one who noticed, I know last season I got some nice fish out of yucaipa. I actually might stick to the the pay lakes for awhile.

IncredibleHuck
01-30-2011, 08:44 AM
i live a few miles from there and i have been there 3x this season. in my opinion the quality of fish has gone way down this year. trout season is half over so who knows if it will get better there.

Whats funny is the quality of stocks are nothing like it was around 2000. Then again those whitewater trout and that hatchery is no longer around. I stopped fishing at Yucaipa regularly about 5-6 years ago, and I too only live about a mile and half from the park.

Viejo
01-30-2011, 07:28 PM
If you enjoyed this year's trout....wait until next year and years after. Between the state DFG budget tanking and the County going broke for "nice to have" things, the stocking situation could be grim.

hookon
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
If you enjoyed this year's trout....wait until next year and years after. Between the state DFG budget tanking and the County going broke for "nice to have" things, the stocking situation could be grim.

what better time to whip out granddad's fly pole & fish the natives!