PDA

View Full Version : How is SARL water?

dfisher
01-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Anyone know how the fishing is at SARL recently, don't really see any reports, so doesn't sound too great? Water still murky?

Should I fish in shallow water?

Any information would be great.. Thank you!

fishinglakes.com
01-29-2011, 09:58 PM
The water is a lot better than it was and fishing is getting better every day. Here is a link to photos of some of the trout caught over the last few days. http://www.fishinglakes.com/sarl_photos.htm
Thanks, best of luck!!

E.A.R.G.
01-29-2011, 10:36 PM
hey dfisher,
from a nonsponsor perspective,

The bite is getting better as the weeks go by. The clarity is drastically improving, with more than a couple foot visibility now. But the jig/lure bite is still slow. The bait and wait is the way to go. The bite is still only just fair, but improving. Don't expect easy limits, or even limits for that matter. Most angers I see have a few fish though, but more likely than not you're going to have to wait it out a bit and be patient because it may be even a couple hours between bites. Not saying you can't score a limit, you definitely can and people have been.
Definitely cast in close and short leaders, or fish the top column with a nightcrawler under the bobber.

Rooster
01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
It is getting better but still is a bit murky for throwing lures. If your into bait n wait you will do fine with Crawlers and some scent. Tailwalkers are chewin

dfisher
01-30-2011, 12:41 AM
I was thinking of setting one up with a short leader and one with a bobber shallow water. Also have a jig setup incase I get bored, see which is best...

Half or whole crawlers? I assume half..

Thanks guys for the info, appreciate it!!!

Tonyc521
02-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Try a whole crawler under a bobber early before the wind starts to blow, I caught 1 nice 3lb trout using that method over all very slow action.

E.A.R.G.
02-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey D-fisher
I went to SARL yesterday (the 31st)
I havn't typed a report yet, but will get to it soon.
The bite is starting to get good! I got all my fish on powerbait, but my buddy Scott got them equally as well or better even on half nightcrawler, threaded through the hook, blown up with a ball of nightcrawler sprayed with garlic bang. (nightcrawlers are too high maintenance for me so I strictly fish the powerbait haha)

Vince also got a couple on the jigs as well as destroying the fish on the powerbait