PDA

View Full Version : DD of the wrong kind!

fishindude420
01-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Went out bright and early to irvine on friday in search of a dd trout. bite was pretty decent with lots of missed bites. larry stuck a pig trout at the end of the day and about 10 mins later my rod goes off.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz takes off parallel to shore and does a big swirl like all the trout ive hooked done so im thinkin NICE finally gonna land my dd. had a crowd gathering as im playin this big girl in. by the swyrl out there she looked like one of the 20 pounders so i was crappin my pants. finally got a look at her when she came up and all my excitement of landing that giant dropped when i got a glimpse of the side. we netted the fish anyways because it was a giant but not the dd i was lookin for. maybe next time i pray to god for a dd i should be more specific! lol. all in all it was a great day out there though. heres the pic of the DD of the wrong kind. i dunno how to make the pic bigger this is the best i can do on my labtop but a crappy fish deserves a crappy pic.lol. got the pic fixed

Cartman
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Hardly a crappy fish. If you were fishing for trout I assume you were using light line. What did you catch a big mama on?

fishindude420
01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
i would of been stoked any other time man but having the thought of one of those 20 pound trout on the end of ur line and figuring out its a carp is a heartbreaker!lol. it was a trophy fish for me none the less. i caught it on 4lb test pretty crazy i didnt think i was gonna get her in on that. we tried to weigh her on some guys scale but it was all over the place i couldnt get a good read at all.she looked like she ate a football.lol.u guys have any guesses on the weight?

dixoncider
01-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Nice CarP.

Steve Carson
01-30-2011, 09:22 AM
All,
Just for future reference, any carp over 5 pounds will be listed in the "outstanding catches" section of WON, etc.
Although they are obviously not the target species you or most Irvine Lake anglers are after, remember that carp are easily the world's most popular game fish.
Steve

Hitts0n
01-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah most people dont want to give up the props for catching big carp but man thats major props from me!
We havent fished together in a while brotha,look out for the next unofficial Hitts event coming soon!
Carp master Flex!! Carp is defin "carp are easily the world's most popular game fish" as Steve said above !!
Congrats !!

ghost2uu
01-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Good job on the low elevation golden trout.

troutdog
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
WTG "Carpdude420" oh and here is a better picture for ya! That beast has to be pushing 20lbs....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/SprintPhoto_bgjkgo.jpg

fishindude420
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
damn i new i should of took it up to the front. that beast was way over 5 pounds thats for shure lol. his head might of weighd 5 haha. oh well theres always next time

fishindude420
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
WTG "Carpdude420" oh and here is a better picture for ya! That beast has to be pushing 20lbs....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/SprintPhoto_bgjkgo.jpg

lol thanks man. Yah i was thinkin the same thing. definetely pushing 20plus

fishindude420
01-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah most people dont want to give up the props for catching big carp but man thats major props from me!
We havent fished together in a while brotha,look out for the next unofficial Hitts event coming soon!
Carp master Flex!! Carp is defin "carp are easily the world's most popular game fish" as Steve said above !!
Congrats !!
Thanks for the kind words man. You should meet up with me at irvine before trout seasons over. Will stick some DD of the right kind!i go atleast once a week so hit me up when ur thinkin about cruising down and ill meet up with yah for a toad slay day! oh btw. congrats on that fatty pb trout you just stuck! its a beauty.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I caught tim with that carp in the bathroom doing the dirty to its mouth

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-30-2011, 02:37 PM
check this beast out

ghetto dad
01-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Nice fish Joaquin!!!!