PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Crucial CRCX76MH 7’6” Fishing Rod with/Bantum Curado 201 30lb spectra...USES

Koontaj
01-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Shimano Crucial CRCX76MH 7’6” Fishing Rod with/Bantum Curado 201 30lb spectra..USES

I bought this set up for my local lake for flipping for bass. I was wondering if I can use this same setup for bass in socal Ocean trips.

Oh I just want to say thanks for teaching me the ways of the catch the fish.

lagunaCOCONUT
01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
You sure can! That is one of the most versatile outfits for local/near shore species! Especially for saltwater bass fishing! I fish similar outfits for the salt and the combo you would be something I would regularly use. However, your line being 30lb Spectra is fine, but I would wind on a top shot of 10 or 12lb PLINE. Depending on where and what area you are targeting. Most of the time, 8 to 10LB line would be perfect for all the bass applications as long as there is not too much structure around. I love my Curados and I have them spooled with 8 to 15LB at all times. Most trips to the kelp, to light structure fishing, I use 10LB. Hope that helps!

LC

Koontaj
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
sounds good thanks

stepchild
01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
yes sure!!!!

Fire Ball
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
That would be a nice bass setup. I fish a 6'6" MH Californian Tournament Series rod and Curado 200B spooled with 40 lb braid for the harbors. You don't really have to worry about your line getting frayed on pilings and stuff when you use braid.

JapanRon
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Koontaj,

Keep your reel very well maintained and spend a minute or two on it after every trip. I'm no tackle ho but .....I don't believe that reel was specifically designed for just SW 'originally'. Later models do both equally well ! Could be wrong ! Every reel is different in how it holds up in saltwater. I do know that every SW basser must have a couple !! ha ha ha I have some same exact reels that require different levels of maintainence for ?some ? reason, I've yet to fathom !!

I use strictly braid Power Pro Red Phantom. No topshot but 6 foot floro (Seagaur) leader.

Enjoy,

JapanRon