PDA

View Full Version : Getting soft plastic baits to run straight

CraigH
01-28-2011, 09:24 AM
I bought some soft plastic shads with the hook and weight moulded in at the Fred Hall show a few years ago (like the Storm shad but I don't think it was that brand). I tried one for the first time the other day and it swims to my left when I reel it in. I know rapalas can be "tuned" to run straight but does anyone know if you can do the same for these? If so, how?

Thanks

agbasser
01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
dip the tail section in a pot of boiling water,hold it in there for about a minute,give or take,then let dry.it should work,it always does for me.BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE BOILING WATER DONT BURN YOURSELF.

DarkShadow
01-28-2011, 01:11 PM
The boiling method will work if the tail is kinked and just needs to be straightened.

If the entire bait was poured wrong, might as well toss it into the bucket of the other swimbaits with internal weights that didn't swim right, including the Huddle Shad.

I think this may be the reason they were trying to sell 'em at the Fred Hall show. A few places try to get rid of their 'blems' there.

CraigH
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Looking at the bait the tail is fine, so I'm thinking the bait was poured off center. Hopefully it flies straight enough to land in the bucket of baits that don't swim right. Thanks.

agbasser
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Remove insert-remelt-repour-repeat:)