PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia 1-26

MexicanPistachio
01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
First i would like to thank Trout Daddy on some info he gave me the day before. After picking up/meeting a few friends and battling the traffic thru the pass we made it up to Hesperia @ 9. Set up shop between the stock cove and the cove where water comes in. In 3 hours 4 guys with 7 pb poles and 1 jig/drop shot pole caught 1 fish and a few missed bites. Decided to walk around the lake and saw that most groups had a fish or two.

A few years ago I bought 6 spools of 2lb Cuda line from a tackle shop in Beaumont that was going out of business. So for the past few years I've changed my line every 4-5 trips. Last night I realized I have 1 spool left and I need to conserve. I looked at my line and even though it was old and a little frayed I kept it on. BIG MISTAKE

We all moved to the finger cove and from there I lost 2 dd trout. The first I fought for 5 min before the line snapped. 2nd fish i fought for 3 min before it was almost in nets reach and the same thing happened. Both were hooked on a drop shot orange power worm. My 3 friends hooked and landed 8 fish on various pb. All of the fish were healthy, full tailed trout from 1.5-3lbs. No pics today... the camera was next to the phone that was at home.

Chatted with KarlKruger today, looked like he was doing pretty good. Like some people I was a weekly regular years ago but stopped going for obvious reasons. The last time I went there was in Oct/Nov of 2009 when the water turned pea soup and saw more floating dead fish than caught fish. Even though the water is still green I was impressed with how clean the lake is. Was even more impressed with the quality of fish caught and more importantly, the people fishing. Whenever someone hooked a big fish people reeled in their lines and let the person fighting the fish go through. Very cool to see and even though I wasn't able to land my fish it was very helpful and courteous. Think Hesperia might be on my list once again!

Frequent Flyer
01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
wow that relly sucks about the trout. hey how long was ur leadr on the dropshot?

adiablo420
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
good ffiisshin...sucks u lost the dd due to frayed line...i hear ya..always checking my line to make sure its good..thanks for the report..

Trout Daddy
01-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Good to hear!

MexicanPistachio
01-26-2011, 09:44 PM
My leader for the drop shot was 4-6 inches today. Leader for bait was 8-10 inches.