PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe in April

Adam_B.
01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'll be taking a vacation in April and I'll be staying at Lake Tahoe. I've never fished there and I have no idea what it's like to fish there, what to bring, what to do, what to fish for? I'm a trout and bass guy. I'm going to be there a whole week and I would love to make the most of my fishing experience. If anyone would care to share some advice or tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe I will be located near the southwest part of the lake. Thanks!

GdHkSet1
01-28-2011, 09:29 PM
If you can swing it, contact some fishing guides in the area. I'd like to troll for some Mackinaw Trout up there some day. Here is a link I found for some guides. http://www.boattahoe.com/guides.htm
Good luck up there, post your report!

Adam_B.
01-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I did look up some information and came across some different guides. Seems like that's the best thing to do. Everything I looked up about fishing that lake always came back to getting a guide or trolling. Both are really not my thing but looks like I might be doing both. Never trolled for anything before so I wont knock it till I try. I did find some information about a lake near Tahoe called Fallen Leaf Lake. Has the same species of fish as Tahoe (Mackinaw, Rainbows, Browns), just on a smaller scale. They rent boats out, I just dont know how I could troll without any of that fancy looking downriggers and gear. I will definitely keep searching for more information and I will post a report when I get back. Its just around the corner.