PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake, CA INFO PLEASE!

SoCalSteve
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
This Sunday we leave for a week at a house on Bass Lake. It is my first time there and I plan to do alot of fishing. I will be bringing my float tubes, along with my 14' Gamefisher - BASSTUB.

Has anyone been there before that can offer advice both on Bass Lake itself, and the fishing it offers? I have done some research and found some info, but more is always better.

I love to fish for bass, so I will be doing that alot. But I also wanna put the kids on some fish, so maybe some bluegill or Crappie fishin. They allow boats on the water all night, so Ill probably go after some Catfish as well.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I am posting this on the SoCal board as well.

Cabodude
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I was just at Bass Lake this past weekend and here is some advice.

Try Radical Glow Tubes in natural or the prototype blue/pearl silver Victim Digger, similar to a Captain Jack's Wee Tad, behind a Jumbo Jack Blade in blue/green tape at depths from 35 to 38 feet near the west end of Millers Bay or Indian Cove as long as possible in the morning then move to the Buoy Line by the dam after the boat traffic gets going for Kokanee. Tie the Glow Tube 14 inches behind a small Jack Blade and the Digger at 22 inches behind the blade.

Planter trout are landed on Wedding Rings tipped with a 'crawler at depths to four colors. Try putting any type of GULP on the tip of the hooks as well. They tend to concentrate more on scent then sight right now.

I landed some spotted bass on top water, buzz bait and RatLTraps near the subsurface grass from 4 a.m. till the sun hits the water. Also try the docks for some big largemouth bass. Try some GULP split tails in chartruse/white and dart them by the docks. The bass should come out and get them.

If you want to Float Tube, try Manzanita Lake on road 222 which is about 10 miles south of Bass Lake near North Fork. It's small, but calm and there are both bass and trout in their cruising around. You can easily tube the entire lake and pick up trout till the sun comes up. This should be a good spot to catch some trout with the kids from shore too.

Good luck!

SoCalSteve
08-01-2007, 09:27 PM
WOW Great post! Thanks so much for the detailed info!

fishinjunkie
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
well cabodude pretty much said it all. but if ur in a float tube i would really encourage you to head over to manzanita lake. its a small lake, but they stock trout during the summer months. they also have both largemouth and spotted bass, catfish and bluegill. I would suggest a nightcralwer if you were bait fishing for either catifh or bluegill. For bass, plastics, and in the mornig and evening hours topwater. For trout, i have had success on kastmasters, panther martins, and roostertails. bass lake is so tough to fish when the lake lice gets out. if u can i would try a little night fishing for bass. they are very active at night. topwater should do the trick.

SoCalSteve
08-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the great info! I just finished packing up my tackle and am getting ready to head out early tomorrow morning! I cant wait to have a full week of fishing!

I do plan to do most of my fishing early morning and at night. Daytime i figure will be too crazy...