PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake,Nevada-Is this the wrong place to make an inquiry?

Danny Klein
01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
So my in-laws are in town for a visit and I hosted a dinner that included them and my parents. It was unusual in one respect; every person at the table loves to fly fish.

My wife and I shared our recent experience in the Eastern High Sierras and this got everyone chatting about great trout fisheries that we have not experienced but need to. Hence, Pyramid Lake became the topic of conversation. Strangely enough, no one at the table had ever fished there for the giant cutthroat trout that reside there.

My father in law has a friend who has fished there on many occasions but dad in law never had the opportunity to join in the fun. His friend claimed it was one of the best trout fisheries in North America with 10 lb cutthroats common.

Does anyone have good info on this fishery? When is the best time to fish,techniques,etc. Are guides necessary for experienced anglers?

Thanks,

Danny

gogreeenz4
01-26-2011, 12:19 PM
So my in-laws are in town for a visit and I hosted a dinner that included them and my parents. It was unusual in one respect; every person at the table loves to fly fish.

My wife and I shared our recent experience in the Eastern High Sierras and this got everyone chatting about great trout fisheries that we have not experienced but need to. Hence, Pyramid Lake became the topic of conversation. Strangely enough, no one at the table had ever fished there for the giant cutthroat trout that reside there.

My father in law has a friend who has fished there on many occasions but dad in law never had the opportunity to join in the fun. His friend claimed it was one of the best trout fisheries in North America with 10 lb cutthroats common.

Does anyone have good info on this fishery? When is the best time to fish,techniques,etc. Are guides necessary for experienced anglers?

Thanks,

Danny

is this the lake where everyone brings a latter or step stool into the water and the just have massive trout in it? i wna say i sawl an episode of troutunlimited on the rise at this lake and i was in shock of the size of fish

DogKnot
01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
This may help http://www.crosbylodge.com/index.html

Danny Klein
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
thanks for the replies.