PDA

View Full Version : where in san diego

mr. trout
07-31-2007, 11:34 AM
hi im 14 and im mostly a trout fisherman in the eastern sierras. my dad and i am going on a trip to san diego saturday and i was wonderin wat the best place to take an overnight charter is? im just lookin for a place to catch a fish. dont care what size or kind just wanna have some fun. any help is appriciated. thanks.

seanboi
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Go to seaforthlanding.com or pointlomasportfishing.com and give them a call and see how they are doing i heard they are mostly getting a few albacore and yellowtail. Give the aztec a try though out of Seaforth

SanDimasLMB
07-31-2007, 04:52 PM
hi im 14 and im mostly a trout fisherman in the eastern sierras. my dad and i am going on a trip to san diego saturday and i was wonderin wat the best place to take an overnight charter is? im just lookin for a place to catch a fish. dont care what size or kind just wanna have some fun. any help is appriciated. thanks.

If you've never went saltwater fishing before, I suggest you go on a 1/2 day first. Its better than paying $160 only to end up with a sunburn and seasickness.

Go to H&M Landing, Better than Seaforth and Point Loma.

PM me or e-mail me for more in-depth response

SanDimasLMB
07-31-2007, 04:54 PM

Oh yeah, one more thing. Do you want to go on a party boat (anyone can go) or a Open Party Charter (Chartered boat but anyone can come aboard) or a real charter? (about $6k right now becaue of the season)

jeff4321
07-31-2007, 07:36 PM
TRY TO GET THE PACIFIC DAWNNNN

SERIOUSLY, BEST CREW

slief
08-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Make sure you pick up some Bonine or dramamine (SP?).. I have been using Bonine lately and it works well without making me drowsey..

Good luck!

n1ckxlam
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
As mr SDLMB said, you are probably looking for open party trips, they are different from charters. that small tidbit aside

IF you are only looking to catch fish and to have fun i DO NOT suggest san diego as a place to start on an overnighter.
The whole trip is basically trolling around hoping to run into fish. sometiems trips like this are hit or miss and your chances run on being the first bait in the water without tangling other anglers if the boat is on a stop (aka when the fish bite the trolling lures). You may also stop on kelp paddies to see whose home. IF you lack experience with heavy gear, or if boat etiquette is new to you, you might not want to try a san diego trip.

The alternative that i suggest is an overnighter out to San Clemente Island. this is grounds for halibut, white seabass, rockfish, perch, whitefish, sheepshead, calico bass, sand bass, and yellowtail.
not a lot of trolling involved, this is more of a stop and fish kind of trip.
and you might even stop on paddies on the way or coming home.
These trips leave out of most of the LA and OC landings.
If you have to leave out of SD though, the 1/2 or 3/4 day trip would not be a bad idea. they catch plenty more than the overnighters sometimes.

BUT if you like fishing as much as i think you do, then it wont matter where you go, becuase someone your age probably wont get bored as long as you're fishin some place!

If you got questions just shoot me a PM, check 976-tuna.com for reports and boat counts

Nick