PDA

View Full Version : The Manzanar Fishing Club documenatry Update

Fear No Trout
01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Cory Shiozaki aka Fear No Trout has been invited to KCAL-9 News this Friday at noon to be an in studio guest sharing about the Spring release of the long awaited documentary film THE MANZANAR FISHING CLUB nearing completion. Video previews will be appearing soon on the movies website: www.fearnotrout.com and also please visit movies Facebook Page and join the club at: http://www.facebook.com/TheManzanarFishingClub

Troutman65
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up Cory.

billy b
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Cory ---

Congratulations on your great accomplishments in making such a special movie!!!!

Are you still working up at Crowley ... and are you guiding? If not ... who would you recommend for Crowley?

We still have an outing to make up for the Irvine days ... lol

Best to ya,

Fear No Trout
01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long time coming and there is some finishing touches that have to be made before we release the film. I am hoping to release this film theatrically and so we want to make it the absolute best film possible.

In answer to your next question: Due to the my involvement with the film which seems to be mostly full time I haven't but wet a line but maybe 5 times last year. Although I am getting inquiries about my guiding at Crowley I pretty much resigned as a guide until I get this film finished. I can recommend Mickey Baron at Crowley for fly fishing and Doug Butler for lure/trolling/bait fishing who both live up at Crowley Lake. Thanks again for your continued support. Please visit and become a member of the The Manzanar Fishing Club by clicking the like button on the top of the page. http://www.facebook.com/TheManzanarFishingClub

fishinone
01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

bruce watson
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Cory, this has been a long time coming. If it gets one person driving up 395 to stop and check out a little history, it will be worth it. I remember a conversation with you about 5 years ago on this. Did you have a relative imprisoned there?

Fear No Trout
01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Bruce, no direct relatives at Manzanar but both of parents were hauled off to two other different internment sites in the interior. My mother was born in San Jose and her entire family went to Topaz, Utah. My dad was born in Portland, Oregon and was placed in a concentration camp in Minidoka, Idaho. A total approximately 120,000 Japanese and Japanese American were relocated to 10 different camps. All of this without a trial or due process of law as provided under our U.S. Constitution. A very dark period for American history to say the least.

E.A.R.G.
01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Cory!
Its been a long time!!
I've changed my username since. Its no longer eyeamrealghetto haha. I've powered up to e.a.r.g. (just in case you don't remember me)

Anyways. Congrats! I know you poured your best effort into this! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2011, 05:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PRESS ! : )

What does this documentary cover, ie species, regions etc ?

sounds interesting, I hope it does well : )

Best of luck !
Gary

vortec_cruiser
01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Every time I drive up to Bishop and pass Manzanar, I think about the internees who sneaked out to enjoy fishing on the river. It's sad to think all those individuals were imprisoned across the United States.

LARiver
01-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Always fascinating.

DMAN
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
AWESOME!!!!! Left me wanting more. Can't wait until I can see the rest of the film. Congratulations on a masterpiece. :)

troutdog
01-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Very exciting news, congratulations! Are you going to be too busy to do the Fred Hall show his year? Hope you are doing well Cory.

TD

fishfinder
01-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Now I gotta stop by and see the Manzanar site for myself. Sad what happened back then, and in sorts still happening today. Now its the Muslims who are being persecuted.

Darius
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Don't forget about China Lake, not to start controversy but imagine back in the 40's I doubt any of you guys would think this was a bad idea to have these camps.

Fear No Trout
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Fear No Trout has been invited by Bart Hall to provide and exhibit and sneak preview screening of this upcoming
film The Manzanar Fishing Club. at this years Fred Hall Fishing and Boat Show. March 9th to March 13th. Please stop by and introduce yourself.

www.fearnotrout.com