PDA

View Full Version : 01-24-11 report

E.A.R.G.
01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
gona make this quick. I'm at the starbucks. Just left the lake about an hour ago.

Got to a late start. Started fishing close to 9 over at levitz corner. Didn't seem like I missed much though, a couple guys had a single fish and that was about it.

The bite never really went wide, it was actually pretty slow throughout the day, but if you were patient and persistent you could get some bites.

I ended the day with 3 trout. 2 went 3 lbs on the digi and 1 went just over 2lbs. I'll take quality like that over quantity any day.

I can't complain about the bite. If I hadn't farmed anything, I would have had my limit.

I had 1 fish that hit so hard it snapped the line before I could even get to the pole. It broke the surface after it hooked itself, looked to be a good 5-6 pounder.

Guy next to me picked up a nice 7.5 pounder, but that was his only fish.

Most people had 1-3 fish. Most fish were good quality, over 2 pounds and I saw a couple at 5.

Water is still murky but has cleared a lot since last week. Visibility is almost about 2 feet now and the water is cold! Things are looking up!

I got all my fish on rainbow powerbait, close in about 25 ft casts on a short 8 inch leader.

My buddy Scott got 4, and he got them on powerbait/night crawlers, also on a short 8 inch leader close in.

Go get em!
Bite should only get better!

Surfnsnowboard3
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
What lake?

E.A.R.G.
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
whoops. sorry. its SARL

BigBass777
01-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Good to see a report from this lake. At least what ya caught are quality fish. I leave the drag loose because ya never know what kinda bite or fish you're gonna get.