PDA

View Full Version : The vine 1/22 almost 1/23

Hometown
01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Money was tight so had to skip the TEAM 57 EVENT BUMMER BUT ILL BE AT THE NEXT ONE.So hit the Vine for the 2 for 1 special I couldnt find my tent so had to wait untl 9:00 borrow 1.Got to the lake at 10:00 set camp and hit the lake at 10:40 and fishing managed just 2 on the troll and lost 2.Had to head back for wiegh in and my free passes.Then at 1:50 and 3 min from the dock i run out of gas as my engine is new to me and didnt know how long the built in tank last.Call the tackle store and they said they would send help waited 10 min.no show but a nice guy tows me in Thanks if you this.But im 5 min late for wiegh in and Jimmy tells me Im out of luck no passes.Head back out for a couple hours .Ran into Taper Steve and his Sister and then Trollie and lost 1 more fish it felt like a bigger model :Crying:.Head back in for dinner and sleep saw Olfishergal on my wway to camp and said high.Get to camp and meet the camper next to us Del really a great guy he had hot dogs he gave us and I offered up some beers.I told him about Team 57 and he said he heard of it.I told about all cool peeps on it and he said he was going to join.Went to sleep after a little camp fire and get woken about 2:00 in the morning by howling winds waited at lake till 8:00 to see if wind would die down but never did.didnt want to spend more cash in such bad condition so went home.

Big Daddy
01-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry they didn't give you another pass after your trouble .

Wish we would have seen you with us brother, as well as some other's that signed up but I guess other prioritys took place instead of the "Team 57" event. It just goes to show ya. I hope that new motor treats you well. Are they going to run another special like that on a day that "Team 57" doesn't have anything going on, like maybe this coming weekend.

Rooster
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Wish we would have seen you with us brother, as well as some other's that signed up but I guess other prioritys took place instead of the "Team 57" event. It just goes to show ya.
After looking over the Team 57 event list, it's clear several did take the bait. :Secret:

Hope 2 cya soon Mark

Big Daddy
01-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Your right my friend it dosen't take a brain surgeon to figure this out.

TaperSteve
01-26-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm one of the guilty parties but I got a good reason. I had some plans come up the night before so going to the other lake for the Team57 event just was not an option.

Hometown - It was good seeing you out there Saturday. Too bad the weather turned out the way it did to start out Sunday.

TS

olfishergal
01-26-2011, 07:09 PM
After looking over the Team 57 event list, it's clear several did take the bait. :Secret:

Hope 2 cya soon Mark

I planned on fishing both, unfortunately got very sick Sunday and couldn't leave the house for days. Your words are
insulting, I remain 1st and foremost loyal to T57. And that goes double for those who are T57 and make negative
comments.
SH*T happens sometimes that we have no control of........there I said my peace, now back to bed for me with my
temp of 101.......damn it anyway, still sick

Hometown
01-26-2011, 09:34 PM
You did look under the weather as you said things happen that we cant control.
I planned on fishing both, unfortunately got very sick Sunday and couldn't leave the house for days. Your words are
insulting, I remain 1st and foremost loyal to T57. And that goes double for those who are T57 and make negative
comments.
SH*T happens sometimes that we have no control of........there I said my peace, now back to bed for me with my
temp of 101.......damn it anyway, still sick

TUNAVIC
01-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Nice report Mark, hope to catch you on the water soon,just retired Jan21st,at 58 yrs old,I'm stoked and ready to fish even more than before,weathers so nice I've been hittin the salt lately,going out again friday, usually launch out of Davies and target the inshore Calicos ect 70-90ftrange 12lb test with the plastics.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hometown
01-26-2011, 09:54 PM
VIC WE NEED TO GO GET SOME FISH BEEN TO LONG WHAT 15 YEARS[ OR SO BUT FRIENDS DONT FORGETQUOTE=TUNAVIC;517978]Nice report Mark, hope to catch you on the water soon,just retired Jan21st,at 58 yrs old,I'm stoked and ready to fish even more than before,weathers so nice I've been hittin the salt lately,going out again friday, usually launch out of Davies and target the inshore Calicos ect 70-90ftrange 12lb test with the plastics.

Cya Tuna Vic[/QUOTE]

troutdog
01-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Quite the adventure Mark, lost fish tend to haunt you on tourney days! No worries your day on the water will come soon my friend....keep at it! Thanks for posting up.

TD