PDA

View Full Version : Fished the East Walker and Hot Creek

Danny Klein
01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
So my wife and I made a trip up to the Eastern High Sierras to ski and fish.What a great time with great weather.

The skiing was fun but not the reason I made the trip. That was the price I paid for the pleasure of my wife's company. My wife loves to fish but she is a shrewd negotiator and managed to have both cake and ice cream. Ok,ok,she didn't have to twist my arm too much to go skiing.

If you are hesitant to fish at this time of the year-DON'T BE!!!!!! The fishing was quite good on both the East Walker and Hot Creek. The weather was pretty mild and the fish were biting. There are hatches and the snow is not an issue at the East Walker. You'll want snow shoes if you fish Hot Creek.

I caught a few fish on dry flies and quite a few on wet flies while my wife threw larger streamers targeting bigger fish only. That is her thing and she was successful. Her biggest fish was a 23 inch brown trout from the East Walker. Targeting only big fish she caught fewer but her smallest fish went 18 inches. When we got home she told my dad she outfished me:I didn't argue the point. lol. Now my Dad is toying with the idea of some winter flyfishing. Having Dad along would make a great trip into a perfect trip.

Danny

Piss on Myspace
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
nice danny, sounds like an ideal weekend...glad the weather held up for ya...and a wife who fishes and skis, your a lucky man...and thats so awesome shes only after the bigguns...hope theres no hard feelings...thanks for the info and report...

sb fishing
01-24-2011, 03:30 PM
outstanding!!!!!!!

PS... I lost my camera near the big hole.....

Danny Klein
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
PonM, no hard feelings-life's too short. Go north now as weather should be good for at least a few more days.

Sb,sorry no sign of a camera.Did you get out this weekend?

Danny

gogreeenz4
01-26-2011, 12:07 PM
goood to hear the fishing was goood that soooooper positive ... what patterns were they hiitin most for ya? for both dry and wet flies if you dont mind..think about headn up there real quick

Danny Klein
01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
gogreeenz4, you have a pm

FSHNLIC
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Way to get on 2 tremendous fisheries for some winter action!!!