PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside Pier

Vies
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Got to the pier around 1pm sunday morning to check out the fisherman to find out they were catching lil dinks but nothing to brag about... Turns out that there wasnt much to catch so i hit Rubys for some lunch, then i set up at the beginning of the pier to try my luck for some surf Perch. My time was limited so i wet my line for a good 20 min with nothing! I got stuck under one of the pilars, so that was my que to just relax and sleep and enjoy my view. Anyway, havent been there for years but it was nice to go back to see all the festivities that went on Sunday.
My fishing ended early but at least i got to wet the line.

the saga will continue... but hopefully ill get some fish next time! lol

lovefofish
01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
It would probably be easier to catch perch from the shore. When fishing from hight it is more likely the fish will fall off mid way. I don't fish o'side very much but, throw some "crack " at'm, Thats the norm for perch.

murrieta angler
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Been many times on that pier for nada!
It's all good though cause I enjoy people watching.
Thanks for the short report,
Robert
<><

Newfishsmell
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Fun spot, when I'm down that way visiting family i head towards the harbor, were pacific st ends,go past the boat launch they have some pay parking.
From there you could fish the inner harbor near the bait receiver or follow the jetty out
towards the open water, and short access to the sandy beach.
Good luck ....

And if you guys are coffee drinkers check out Maui Wowi for some 100% Kona coffee :Big Grin:
its just up the street from the pier,in front of the free parking lots ...

DockRat
01-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Been many times on that pier for nada!
It's all good though cause I enjoy watching hot babes.
Thanks for the short report,
Robert
<><
Yah me too, must be a married guy thing.
DR

smokehound
01-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Did you try jigging around the pilings?

Alot of people avoid the pilings, but that's where the fish are!

Try it some time, bring some peas.... you can catch opaleye.