PDA

View Full Version : Finally a fish!!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
its been basically since before the storms ,that i caught ,or had a bite.not just me ,but my other weekday fishing partners.before the storms ,i was starting to get at least 2 carp bites, and getting at least one fish a day. using my 8wt heavy action fly rod ,with my giant arbor reel ,and 8lb floroclear for leader..well finally i got a desent carp this morning 10lbs to 12lbs.i also had 2 more hits,using corn a #8 bait hook 8ft. leader from an indicator.finally the big stink is gone..hopefully maybe vivid fly, will add the video, or pics..god bless, and peace out......mike the pmb.....

VIVID_FLY
01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LmcCbjeTY

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks chuck(vivid), for posting the vidio.caught super small carp today ,maybe 2 lb to 3lbs.ive never seen one that small.no other hits till 11.30 when we left..

EL_CHIDO
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
You put in the hard work, you reap the benefits.

Congrats.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
its so dead at the pudd right now ,not even thinking about any other spieces.where else can you have the oppirtunitiy to catch a fish over 20 lbs.on fly fishing gear.i love it..dont get me wrong. ill be catching my bass,on unconventonal fly rod tatics,but the the big red earsm, and crappies will be on the #12 and 14 hares ears with the indicator ,and crickets drys as an indicator...

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
the other vidio, my other post ,was must better, caught a 10 lbr,15min.before vivid (chuck) showed up.today at least i had a witnesse.chuck showed up ,and rigged up his ,5 wt.which i dont recommend ,you never know if the fish is in the ,5 lb to 10lb class, or a 20lb to 30lb range.which , can spool his backing, vivid finally had a massive hit .it took his floating line so fast ,i didnt see it .i saw it at the last second ,and it was a brutall set ..it..., broke off at the knot .he got some quick grief ,from me.accusing him of a bad knot .we only had one more hit ,with the smartest fish in fresh water,the last hit did not commit.even thou the indicator was gettting hit. bobbing up ,and down .mark my words if you try to set the hook ,on carp when there lipping the bait youll lose out.set the hook any time the carp swims away with the bait.god bless and peace out ....mike the pmb.....