PDA

View Full Version : Quick central coast creek report

SLOfish
01-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Did a bit of researching and found myself a couple of creeks that I can legally and productively fish for steelhead. The ecosystems are very fragile so in order to protect these fisheries, I will not post any pictures or share any information in order to keep these creeks as unpressured as possible. Anywho, my buddy who fishes steelhead way up north brought me along yesterday to try and get some of these central coast steelies. Super fun day along some of the absolutely most stunning coastline ever. My buddy was fishing barbless panther martins and I was fishing an assortment of barbless streamers. Ended the day with 6 steelies ranging from 2-4 pounds and countless juvenile fish. Also got a little bit closer to a bull elephant seal then I ever really want to...thing was friggin HUGE!!!!

Hometown
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Those elephant seas are not something I want to se in a dark alley congrats on the steelies
Did a bit of researching and found myself a couple of creeks that I can legally and productively fish for steelhead. The ecosystems are very fragile so in order to protect these fisheries, I will not post any pictures or share any information in order to keep these creeks as unpressured as possible. Anywho, my buddy who fishes steelhead way up north brought me along yesterday to try and get some of these central coast steelies. Super fun day along some of the absolutely most stunning coastline ever. My buddy was fishing barbless panther martins and I was fishing an assortment of barbless streamers. Ended the day with 6 steelies ranging from 2-4 pounds and countless juvenile fish. Also got a little bit closer to a bull elephant seal then I ever really want to...thing was friggin HUGE!!!!

cutbait
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Those creeks north of San Simeon are great! I bet the surf perch were wide open in the mouth's of those streams :Wink:

SLOfish
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
possibly...probably not with the surf being around 15-18 foot haha