PDA

View Full Version : Back on the Slay...Pyramid 1/22

Shock
01-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Decided to hit Pyramid Saturday with Jesse and Jimmy. Turned out Jimmys mom had third surgery so he couldn't make it. Bummer....got in late Friday so didn't have time to get everything ready like I normally do. Ohh well throw everything in the ride and let's roll.

Got to the lake just before the gate opened. Chatted with Ron for a minute then it was time go in... Launched the boat. Tied up to the dock then saw Bob and exchanged some goodies and bs'd for a minute.

Just then Jesse comes running down the dock... "were taking on water! Were taking on water, I'll get the trailer!!"

Hold up I say let me check it out....I jump in the boat to investigate..first thing turn on the bilge pump, never ran it before. It works!!! Nice!

Lesson of the day: be careful not to put the plug in the live well hole...good one....LMAO

So after about 15 min of pumping water out we were good to get on wist our mission...

Lake was pretty much glass like this all day...water temps 51-53 degrees.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/IMG_20110122_073850.jpg

10 minutes into the channel it's a double hookup....sweet!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/IMG_20110122_094233.jpg

Got a couple more here in there and by about 10:00 we had 8 in the boat. Fish were suspended at all depths out in the open water and throughout the channel. Picked up one more out in the open then the bite went dead....hit several different spots and then headed down yellow bar. Still dead but did manage to get a nice bass to hit one of the rigs.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/IMG_20110122_133948.jpg

Saw Bob out in open water makin us of them nice downriggers he has...

About 1:00 finally land some more striper...another double off the main channel point Then we head back down the channel For another double...

Headed back around again and catch a really nice snag....tried everything we could to get the rig free but no luck....decided to break it off and then it came loose....pulled the line in to find that we had snagged an old umbrella rig and didn't lose anything on mine.

Checked the time and it was nearing time to head in so we headed back to the ramp and caught a couple more on the way in.

Ended the day with 15 Striper....not bad just had to work for them a bit more today.

Coming up the ramp who do we see? Gary is waitin there with his successful catch from the duct...good job. Impressive fish there!!!

Talked either Bob an Gary for a Minute and then it was time to head home.

Good seeing everyone out there today!

See ya on the water......

CAPT'N
01-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi Joseph,

nice to hear your back on the water. I did the same thing with plugging the livewell instead of the bilge. i was the first time I launched the boat at twilight fishing at Castaic. Scared the hell out of Fishyboy and I .

Good job on the fish...................

Ss

cutbait
01-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Nice report Shock!

mamachipy
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Good job Shock, sounds like we all did about the same amount of damage out there for a full days work.

TroutOnly
01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
it was great seeing you joseph,,,,,hope to see you out there again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,im glad youre bilge pump worked so good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wingnut
01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Good to see you back out on the water Joseph. :Cool:
Nice job on the Striper kill.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
congrats on the catches...

Nice work there fellas..

Saweet..

Nice seeing ya there....good shooting the bull : )

Congrats !
Gary

fishinone
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Nice seeing you out there Shock.

You did better than we did.

Shock
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice seeing you out there Shock.

You did better than we did.

Hey Ron, it was good seeing you out there....The bite was a little though out there. Had to really work for them. I trolled really close to the shore for the most part. How many did you end up with?