PDA

View Full Version : 8th Place Finish at American Bass Tournament

FrazeIb1
01-23-2011, 07:32 AM
The 2011 American Bass Opener (ABA) on 01-22-2011 was alot of fun. The conditions are geting better and the weight limits will be back in the high 20lbs and possible low 30lbs in the near future. I caught over 25 bass during the tournament but only (8) of those were keepers. I fished alone because my partner could not make the event. On my first cast of the morning during the tourney I caught a DD Striper on a swimbait. I released it and caught a LMB right after. The rest fo the day was spent fishing deep structure. I ended up in 8th place overall. I look forward to moving up the ladder in ABA tournaments and can't wait until I am standing in the winners circle with a #1 finish........

ddoskocil
01-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Nicely done Fraze. Keep the posts coming. Going out myself today for a crack at the deep stuff.

one time
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Good job!!! Go lakers...

ddoskocil
01-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, a little windy today, especially on my high profile boat, tough to keep still to DS super slow, even anchored, blew around a little. Only one bite. Need a calmer day to go super slow, need to downsize my line, too. Be back soon. Metered a lot of fish 40-60.

RngrAngler18
01-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Good job Fraze we finished 16th out there yesterday, tough to find the size for us... dinks everywhere. Plenty of fish to be caught on the dropshot though, our keepers came on the ice jig. Had a better day today and got a couple nice stripers along with the bass this morning.

FrazeIb1
01-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Good job Fraze we finished 16th out there yesterday, tough to find the size for us... dinks everywhere. Plenty of fish to be caught on the dropshot though, our keepers came on the ice jig. Had a better day today and got a couple nice stripers along with the bass this morning.

Thanks RngrAngler. I had fun and caught alot of fish. I have some Ice Jigs but have not used them yet. My fish came on the Drop Shot except one on the swimbait....................it only gets better form here though......

RngrAngler18
01-24-2011, 06:59 AM
I agree, can't wait for spring to roll around... I should be out there Wednesday this week, are you fishing the National Bass West tournament this weekend?

FrazeIb1
01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
I agree, can't wait for spring to roll around... I should be out there Wednesday this week, are you fishing the National Bass West tournament this weekend?

Unfortunately I have to work. I wish I could fish all the tournaments. I love to fish. It doesn't matter if it's a casual relaxing day on the water or the grinding out of a tournament. Fishing is relaxing and fun. I might be out there Wednesday as well.

KingShad
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
The 2011 American Bass Opener (ABA) on 01-22-2011 was alot of fun. The conditions are geting better and the weight limits will be back in the high 20lbs and possible low 30lbs in the near future. I caught over 25 bass during the tournament but only (8) of those were keepers. I fished alone because my partner could not make the event. On my first cast of the morning during the tourney I caught a DD Striper on a swimbait. I released it and caught a LMB right after. The rest fo the day was spent fishing deep structure. I ended up in 8th place overall. I look forward to moving up the ladder in ABA tournaments and can't wait until I am standing in the winners circle with a #1 finish........

Good job. I never could get above the Grover's or Art. Better luck to you. Keep the reports on the tourneys comin!

FrazeIb1
01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, the Grovers and Art both know what they are doing and have put their time in on the lake. With that being said, I know that on any given day a 20lb limit can be attained by just about anyone with the right presentation and right position and time. You also have of have more than one method of fishing to compete with the big boys. If one method of fishing is not working, you have to be able to switch it up and put fish in the boat.