PDA

View Full Version : nice one in the lagoon!

panhandlehawghunter
01-22-2011, 02:28 PM
7lb 11oz hawg in the lagoon. new PB! only caught 1 for the day... saw some other guy's catch one but that's about it!

E.A.R.G.
01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
shoot i'll take that "just one fish" anyday!
haha

congrats and welcome!
awesome fish for a 1st post!

CL SmooV
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
nice winter fish..... this post should inspire folks to get out there!

SDDave
01-22-2011, 06:58 PM
nice winter fish..... this post should inspire folks to get out there!

Very nice fish, I would bet that's about the only good fish in there this time of year, I'd highly recommend staying up at the upper... Lol

Surfer
01-22-2011, 08:19 PM
What depth was she at? I was at the lagoon last week and couldn't find them on my fishfinder.

JohnMarino
01-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the report ! What did you get her on?

Bassnman Mike
01-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice one.

It looks like the water level is up, is it?

Also, I've been thinking about taking the Champion down to the goon, hows the launch ramp and dock?

Thanks

BIGBASS MB
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Congtarts...
Thats a nice looking Bass, looks like your were fishing in the Paradise cove area, What did you get it on???

panhandlehawghunter
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
fish was in 42' way down there! fishin a texas rigged green pumpkin lizard! and yes the water is WAY up

SDDave
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice one.

It looks like the water level is up, is it?

Also, I've been thinking about taking the Champion down to the goon, hows the launch ramp and dock?

Thanks
Hey Mike, waters way up, the launch is safe again, they have wooden platform in place of the docks that are sitting on top of the ramp waiting be repaired, just be careful because there some big metal eye bolts on the side of the platform right at the same level as the top of the gunwale.
I've been fishing there quite a lot and it's super slow, thats what good about the upper, if the bass have lock jaw, theres always the stripers to play with... Dave

Ray Lopez
01-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Very nice fish, I would bet that's about the only good fish in there this time of year, I'd highly recommend staying up at the upper... Lol

there was a 13lbs caught on thursday. There still in there just gotta get on the right spots with the right lure at the right depth. It's been tricky on the goon so far

Browntrouter
01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I happened to see you catch that fish on Saturday. We had a project on the hill above you. Congrats on the nice fish. Did you have any problems releasing it? Sometimes they have a air blader problem from that depth.

panhandlehawghunter
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
cool i noticed you guys up there. i let it catch it's breath again and it took one good kick with its tail and back down to the bottom it went! seemed to be ok! hopefully for someone else to catch down the road

Fire Ball
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Congrats on the PB! :Twisted: The Lagoon has been really slow lately, so I've been doing some saltwater bass fishing instead and now I'm addicted...

Mike, the Lagoon has been full now for a couple weeks and water is running under the bridge. :Envious: Dave, is the wooden platform you are talking about the little one like right on the little cement barrier thing on the edge of the ramp? They moved part of the dock from the North end to the ramp now, so I don't know if you are talking about that or the mini platform.

SDDave
01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Fireball, yeah I talking about the platform they setup it's got some bolts on the outside of it but has long as anyone using it, just have to use fenders and becareful so they don't nick there boats, really small so it's not really a crowd pleaser...
This time of year be ready to get a fish back as soon as you get it off the hook, or deflate it, just taking the time to take pictures can disable the fish from getting back down to the depts!
Even then it might be to late and the fish doesn't have the strength to stay down there, so learn how to needle a fish guys, I don't like the sticking them in the mouth, thru the side is the best way...
Just because a fish is caught in 20 ft doesn't insure that the fish will be ok, it could have just been in 50 ft. And came shallow, and still be full of air, so becarful out there fishing for winter bass.

Fireball your hooked on the salt now, that's awesome, won't be long before we here some long range reports of
the giant tuna your bringing in, sweet, lot of ocean out there, I just sorry all the tree buggers have taken alot of it away from the young sportsman that are just getting into it.
Have fun out there. Dave

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I've been fishing there quite a lot and it's super slow, thats what good about the upper, if the bass have lock jaw, theres always the stripers to play with... Dave
Thats typical pattern of that lake this time of season : ( (unfortunately) they are there but difficult to get to rumble : (

Stripey isn't even that active up there in the upper....I'd lay odds mid next month to late next month we'll see a bloom of active sizable feesh (one can only hope)

Congrats Mr panhandlehawghunter...way ta go in some of the most toughest conditions of the year....if you can get them now, I'm sure you'll slay come may and june (when U should target that lake if U want the big momma's - late spawn cycle there)

Nice work !

brycek1984
01-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Very nice fish. Looks like alot of fun on the float tube. I have a feeling that in the next few months you will get a new PB.