PDA

View Full Version : Question about fishing on a pontoon

howardizzle
01-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Im thinking about heading out tomorrow with a couple friends, is there anything I need to know specifically about renting a pontoon regarding bait fishing? Because I used to rent the small boats and the boat will be moving so much side to side even with the anchor down and so much structure would get caught on my bait every time. Please help!

Surfnsnowboard3
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Im thinking about heading out tomorrow with a couple friends, is there anything I need to know specifically about renting a pontoon regarding bait fishing? Because I used to rent the small boats and the boat will be moving so much side to side even with the anchor down and so much structure would get caught on my bait every time. Please help!

Based on what you said, I don't think you getting caught in structure has anything to do with your boat going from side to side. It has to do with your setup.

Regardless, a pontoon boat is much bigger and therefore you won't have the problem of the boat going side to side....unless you are doing calisthenics on it.

hooks
01-22-2011, 01:01 PM
You might want to get there early. There's going to be a million people there tomorrow and only a few pontoons.

howardizzle
01-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Whats going on tomorrow??

Surfnsnowboard3
01-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Whats going on tomorrow??

Nothing. It's SUNDAY.

hooks
01-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Nothing. It's SUNDAY.

HELLO?
:Confused: