PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Swibaits

a321eric
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Im gonna go throw swimbaits at the Wood tonight from like 3 to close....any suggestions on where i should go...i was thinking by the marina and maybe cleghorn.....any pointers???

-Eric

Sublime-Steve
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
good luck dude

a321eric
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
didnt get nada....threw the 8 inch BBZ and a drop shot rig...water is down like 25 or 30 feet...

Fishinnut
01-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Eric,

The absolute best swim bait lure for that lake in my opinion is the Z-plug hands down. I've been throwing mine there for over twenty years and it produces fish for me if they are lurking near by either casting or trolling them. Although I don't fish at the wood as much as I use too; years back I've personally witness Greg Silks the creator of the Z-plug catch and release some monster Striper from that particular lake before he started guiding at DVL. Those fish in that lake really love the action of that lure so Eric, if you don't have one I promise you it's well worth the money to add it to your arsenal of swimbaits for Silverwood. As far as the locations you mentioned, they both are good places to try and will hold fish, but I recommend that you follow the trout plants for the lake and fish on the days/nights they plant or early the next morning after the plants. Hey you'll get alot of different advice from other fisherman about other lures, lake areas, and techniques that work but what it's really gonna come down too is you putting in the work and just paying your dues like you just did. If you do that you'll catch one of those DD Striper that are there in the Wood! Good luck bro...

a321eric
01-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the good info...ill have to check one out!! I like to fish a lot of those crreek channels...hoping to hook up in one there....thanks!!